• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Run for the Gorge

Bill Monk

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Took the roadrunner to the New River Gorge Bridge this weekend with the Azusa Street riders from the church. I didn't take any pictures but these were sent to me. Good times!

bridge.JPG RR2.PNG RR.PNG RR3.PNG RR4.PNG RR5.PNG CARTOON.JPG

Nice to see you out enjoying it, looks awesome! I actually went white water rafting under that bridge, beautiful country down there.

Nice to see you out enjoying it, looks awesome! I actually went white water rafting under that bridge, beautiful country down there.
They come from all over to ride the water on the New and Gauley rivers, the upper Gauley is class 6 rapids. Now that's real white water!

Looks like a nice group outing
looks/sounds like fun
RR looks awesome :bananadance:

thanks for sharing

Beautiful car Bill. I drive through West Virginia on a fairly regular basis...Some of the prettiest country on Earth.

I was just there 10/6/18....had a blast...third or fourth time on that white water. 5 or 6 total, this time the upper gully. WE did the new river in the summer. A few pics of the gully.

IMG_1236.JPG IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1240.JPG IMG_1241.JPG IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1243.JPG

Last edited:
the last...I promise. Im still geeked though... Im the guy back left if your in the boat...not the guide tho

IMG_8991.JPG IMG_8992.JPG IMG_8993.JPG IMG_8994.JPG IMG_8995.JPG IMG_8996.JPG IMG_8997.JPG IMG_8998.JPG IMG_8999.JPG IMG_9000.JPG

As long as you& RR didn’t do a jump together,lol!!!

Been on the Gauley, the New and the Yuckahanie. Some skydiver nearly killed himself jumping off that bridge when we were there in 1980.

Been on the Gauley, the New and the Yuckahanie. Some skydiver nearly killed himself jumping off that bridge when we were there in 1980.
More than one have die jumping off that bridge, perfectly good bridge too. No thank you!

Thanks for the pics. West Virginia has a lot of wild country, We have no amusement parks to speak of, no pro ball teams. But we do have an abundance of hunting, fishing and white water. I love my state!

Auto Transport Service
Back