• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Run To The Sun

deedohaw

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Monday my wife and I head for Myrtle Beach for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately we'll be in our Montana minivan (wish my '68 AMX or son's '78 Cordoba would magically appear there). Hoping for high 60 to high 70 weather please. I always have a great day browsing at the giant "Run To The Sun", March 17, 18, 19. Out of about 3000 cars, there are usually only about 4 or 5 AMCs and maybe 2 or 3 '75-'79 Cordobas, Magnums, Daytonas etc!! Anyone from the forum going? What will you have there? I'll try to seek you out.
David
p.s. I'll be the alien talking (Canada) guy with a blue backpack hopefully containing a few goodies from the parts market.

I'm planning on being there. Hoping to drag my 62 Plymouth down for it. That is one awsome car show for sure

She's a red 4 door.

SDC11196.jpg

Sounds great. Myrtle beach can be a fun place.
I've regestered for the Orange Beach Alabama cruise weekend on the same dates.... Lot's of car activities and great beach.

I've found most "all make" shows/swap meets are about 50% GM, 30% Ford, 10% Mopar and 10% other.

I've found most "all make" shows/swap meets are about 50% GM, 30% Ford, 10% Mopar and 10% other.

I concur! I'm even going to say that this one might be 50% Chev, 10% other GM, 25% Ford/Mercury (and so many of the Ford hotrods have 350 Chevy motors!), 8% Mopar, 7% Other.
There were possibly as many '57 Chevs as the total of Mopars!
David

Hiya Stumper!
I spent quite a few minutes enjoying your '62 Plymouth but I could not find you. As usual, when one person starts examining a car it gets others looking closely. There were lots of positive comments about your car. The engine was a real crowd pleaser. I'll post some pics of it at the show when I get back to Toronto.
David

Well..... 6 hours walking around the show and i did not spot a single "Forgotten B-Body" in the 2,000-3,000 cars I looked at . Last year there was a fellow with a Cordoba 300 that I talked to for at least an hour and there were a couple of others if I recall! None this year !?!?!
Oh well..................
David

Yea, sorry to have missed you. Was likely off looking at cars or something. I didn't hang around much by my car.
I actually think there were 3 times as many 57 Chebbies as there were Mopars. I saw a really nicely done red 4 door Valiant today. Did you see that one? Was hoping to talk to the owner but only saw his grandkids. Really nice little car.

I saw a really nicely done red 4 door Valiant today. Did you see that one? Was hoping to talk to the owner but only saw his grandkids. Really nice little car.

I do not recall that red Valiant. There were a few nice 2 doors I saw and there was a really nice dark blue one at our hotel.
I do believe that you possibly had the only '62 Plymouth like yours in a 2 or 4 door or wagon.
David

I covered most of the show over two days and did not see another 62'. Last year there was a beautiful black 62' Fury convertable at the show but I didn't see it this year. The owner had it for sale last year for $69K ...
I did see one 63' post car and a 65' hardtop. That was about it for early 60s Mopars ... There was a georgous 57 Plymouth 2 door that I came across on Saturday. Black and silver with the original hemi motor.

I covered most of the show over two days and did not see another 62'. Last year there was a beautiful black 62' Fury convertable at the show but I didn't see it this year. The owner had it for sale last year for $69K ...
I did see one 63' post car and a 65' hardtop. That was about it for early 60s Mopars ... There was a georgous 57 Plymouth 2 door that I came across on Saturday. Black and silver with the original hemi motor.

Stumper, love your 62 4 door ride. Great looking ride you got there!

Stumper's '62 at Run To The Sun

Here are 3 shots of Stumper's '62 Plymouth in Myrtle Beach. An excellent show and an excellent forum member's car!!
MyrtleBeach2011152.jpg

MyrtleBeach2011153.jpg

MyrtleBeach2011154.jpg

Too bad we didn't cross paths to discuss Magnificent Mopars. :hello:
David

Can't post all of the pictures I took of nice Mopars but here are a couple. This Valiant was super clean and exceptionally well done. The exterior, interior, engine bay and underside was all immaculate. Never got a chance to talk to the owner but did talk a bit to his grandsons. Nice "atypical" Mopar

SDC11499.jpg

SDC11498.jpg

SDC11500.jpg

This 57 Dodge may have been my favorite Mopar there. Beautiful car with the original hemi motor.

SDC11513.jpg

SDC11514.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back