• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner Up @ $10,000 Stock/Super Stock Race at MATS

GTX JOHN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
We were thrilled to Finish Runner Up at the Stock/Super stock $10,000 race
at MATS this weekend.

We received $3,225. from the Promoters / $500. for best finish by a Mopar / Contigency
Award from Calvert Racing = Overall a great day for us!

We were afforded an opportunity to visit with old and new friends between Rounds.

Next stop NHRA Nationals in Arizona (Leaving Tuesday) and then the Winternationals in Pomona
the following week.

20230319_190318.jpg

20230319_184136.jpg

Congratulations, and good luck in Chandler and Pamona.

Congrats! Who's who in the picture? And was this basically running on index so like an index race/bracket race?

Congrats! Who's who in the picture? And was this basically running on index so like an index race/bracket race?
My son Jon and his son Logan.
His father in law Jerry to the front of the car.
Rod Greene one of the best Thermoquad experts and former
H/S National Record holder in association with me in his 72 340 Demon.
The tired looking old guy with the glasses would be - Me.

Basically there is an national index that a well prepared car should at least run.
You must dial that or faster. If you meet a car in the same class in eliminations =
The index or dial goes out the window and first guy to finish line wins (Also in Class eliminations)

Some National Races (Like Indy every year) and sometime Divisional races, They accept many
more entries than they will alloy on the race ladder to compete.

The rank the racers by how far the qualify under the index and only those that are among the top index
numbers (Generally 128 in Division Races) actually get to race. The rest put their cars on the trailer and go
home without the opportunity to compete in competition at the race.

The top qualifiers are on the very top of the ladder and get a chance to get a bye run if an odd number of cars
any round in the order they qualify which is a big advantage to advance with competition.

It is a lot more challenging than Bracket Racing in my opinion. Between my boy Jon and I we have won 12
Las Vegas Track Championships (Many in a row) prior to moving to the National and Divisional Circuits. last weekend
at the $10,000.00 race we faced 55 well experienced and successful competitors from all over the US and Canada. Many
(But Certainly it is not all) you can see have $300,000. to well over $1,000,000. in their race cars and support equipment!
To be in that company of racers you must be confident of you skills and abilities to be invested at that level of commitment!

These rules make it tough for new racers in Stock and Super Stock until they figure out how to be competitive
in these classes!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back