• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust Valley Resto

hanks73340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone watched this show and what's your take on these characters.

For me it is entertaining to see what Mike Hall has sitting in his Field of Dreams of cars. I know he tries to restore cars to be able to sell them affordably for everyone but it seems they do restorations on the cheap and wonder how long it will be, before the 'resto work' shows up down the road. Avery's laugh has got to go.

Anyone check out the welder that works at Dubs Kustoms which is in some of the episodes. Here she is

1668896137835.png

I like it for it’s entertainment value.

I enjoy the show,
Avery's laugh has got to go. Thats an under statement :BangHead:

I watch it but can only take so much of it. Between Avery's irritating cackle and Mike's gravelly voice, coupled with the many technical fo paws, I just can't handle it. He sold his field of dreams last year at auction. He did keep some of the cooler cars tho. He just blurts out restoration estimates with no real method to arriving at that number. All my work is by the hour, which every hour is documented with what was accomplished. That's the only way he'll make this work. Oh, and learn how to do things right and not just cheap so you don't lose your ***. Sorry, /end rant.

I watch it but can only take so much of it. Between Avery's irritating cackle and Mike's gravelly voice, coupled with the many technical fo paws, I just can't handle it. He sold his field of dreams last year at auction. He did keep some of the cooler cars tho. He just blurts out restoration estimates with no real method to arriving at that number. All my work is by the hour, which every hour is documented with what was accomplished. That's the only way he'll make this work. Oh, and learn how to do things right and not just cheap so you don't lose your ***. Sorry, /end rant.
guess no season 4 then. Did not know he sold it.

The decision to sell his collection was not an easy one to make, Hall said, but it was the right choice at this time in his life. "I'm going to be 65 years old soon. I've already lived five years longer than my dad did," he said.Oct 5, 2021

I did enjoy the show when we watched it a while back. More so for all the old car eye candy. Avery’s laugh got a bit annoying. More frustrating was he did a lot of talking but barely seen him working. Maybe the camera just never caught it. My $.02

I believe there still selling stuff . Ive seen a few for sale on sites up here.

I think they still have the museum , they have moved the yard back from the highway quite a bit.

Reality TV - that vaguely smells of the Discovery TV bunch.
I avoid all such programming, sorry.

Most of the dumb stuff they do is from the directors to make better shows
When I stopped in Mike told me he needs all the same cloths so they can edit and make look like same day

Season Four aired this year between February and June. That's the season that ended with the auction. The show has been renewed for Season Five, but no release date yet. Since a lot of the cars that he worked on were customer's projects, he didn't really need his own collection to continue the show.

I have enjoyed watching the 3 seasons available to us here on Netflix. I like Mike, as he reminds me of a guy who used to own my GTX many years ago. The show is made for pure entertainment, and as I understand it, the producers were searching out a suitable "shop" to create a new angle on the car restoration business.

As much as I enjoy all the characters on the show......I would like to punch Avery in the face sometimes......especially when he started destroying bolts and panels on the Dodge Power Wagon in the very first few episodes. What a tool.....just a vandal at times. And dumping oil and brake fluid all over the clean shop floor with no regard deserved more than a few cuss words from Mike.

....and not to change the subject here, but I have really gotten into the "Fast and Loud" series with Richard Rawlings. I purposely didn't watch it following 'reviews' from members here. But once again, like "Rust Bros", there is great entertainment value, and occasionally some cool looking cars.

These TV shows are all heavily edited for the drama aspect of the restoration business, and so if you treat them as entertainment, they are good shows.

The one thing that makes me cringe is when panels are welded on places of the cars, that covers up untreated rust. It really does make you wonder how long these cars last before popping out like a teenager's face. :p

reality tv is anything but

for example, everyone knows there are no deadlines in restoration

I don't mind it, Mike is entertaining. It's a nice break from the "rich guy" resto shows, you know the ones were people dump stupid money in a car...the kind of resto's many of us could not afford. Mike has real cars not half million dollar trailer queens. I would love to go walk around the property for a day!!

Yes there is and a season 5. I watched it last night, had to shut it off when they were about to run over a mid 60s caddy among other old cars with a monster truck. I'd like to meet Mike and buy a car from him, but doubt I'll ever get to.

Ill remember it for what it was. A poverty stricken yard with all the cars the same color.(brown)
It was a neat place to walk around.

I watch it. Last Night they had a couple '71 Chargers featured.

Auto Transport Service
Back