• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rusty, the V10 Charger

tomw_6

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
New to the group, and new to Mopars...Full disclosure this car build is for 24 hours of lemons racing, which our team has done a lot before, but mainly with Ford and this will be an ambitious build. We have a 99 Ram 2500 V10 with manual 5 speed for a powertrain swap into this old gal, so Ill be posting and asking a lot of questions about front suspension swaps, including K member questions, brakes, rear axle and suspension, etc.

Charger.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a fun and interesting project....

Thanks for posting a pic...

Welcome.
What a cool project, not a cookie cutter.

Welcome. That sounds like a heavy engine in the Front of the car to be road racing with

welcome to FBBO cool project keep us posted on your progress

Welcome from WA State

Yeah I don't know that the V10 is a great choice for Lemons or road racing in general, very heavy and even in the pickups could be problematic. But hey, we all have probably done something similar or worse, should be an interesting car regardless (I once welded a 383 into a 65 valiant to try and do wheelies....).

The V10 is a about 150 lbs heavier than an RB. But the standard trans should be lighter. I would suggest cutting the firewall and mounting it back as far as possible. That will help.

The V10 is a about 150 lbs heavier than an RB. But the standard trans should be lighter. I would suggest cutting the firewall and mounting it back as far as possible. That will help.
Anyone on here moved thier firewall back on this model? That would be some pics I would like to see...

Anyone on here moved thier firewall back on this model? That would be some pics I would like to see...

Shouldn't be hard tons of room just get yourself some good heat shield s

Welcome from the show me state!! Just cut the firewall the shape of the engine and build back after the engine is in.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back