• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sagging Headliner

nodust

Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
I have 62 Fury with a sagging hardboard headliner. It’s in good shape and you can push it up but it pops back down between the bows. 62 Plymouth’s and Dodges have a very flat roof otherwise It would probably stay. Any easy fixes for this?

Nodust, did you ever figure out your sagging hardboard headliner? Maybe the Jute padding typically glued to the rood is loose and weighing it down, I read that Home Depot makes a radiant barrier insulation(that has silver foil ono one side)

If you are still sagging, maybe KhryslerKids post might give you some insight (though does not specifically speak about sagging hardboards, its a good writeup with lots of photos.)

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...p-new-residence.114133/page-21#post-910819502

Nodust, did you ever figure out your sagging hardboard headliner? Maybe the Jute padding typically glued to the rood is loose and weighing it down, I read that Home Depot makes a radiant barrier insulation(that has silver foil ono one side)

If you are still sagging, maybe KhryslerKids post might give you some insight (though does not specifically speak about sagging hardboards, its a good writeup with lots of photos.)

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...p-new-residence.114133/page-21#post-910819502

The original hardboards were sagging mostly from warpage. Moisture can get to them and once dried out they stay that way. That's why I replaced them with the reproduction ones.

I took 2 strips of aluminum from a big box store and bridged the gap, just cut to fit and slid them in.
Been in there at least 4 years.

Carboard would only stay up a few minutes without support, it was just too short in that one section, must have shrunk.

20220104_083357.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back