• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saggy rear end

BLK 68 R/T

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
Looking to replace the junk mopar leaf springs on my 68 charger. They are sagging bad and make the car ride like crap. Looking to get -1” lowering springs. What do you recommend as far as brand or vendor?

ESPO springs and things. Good prices and service! 440'

X3 for ESPO

Glad to see it’s about your Charger.
Thought the title could be about my wife.

ESPO is a favorite for many. I have used Eaton Detroit Springs many times in the past and are running them on my 63 now.They are a 2'' drop. Eaton will make them + or - ,even in the super stock style if wanted.

Thanks for all the replies. I started doing some general searching and ESPO did come up quite a bit.

As others have said try Eaton or ESPO.
I bought the Mopar Performance springs and the sagged with the car on jack stands.
Luckily the supplier gave me my money back. He had a few complaints and was not supplying any more Mopar springs.

Emailed espo for a quote earlier today and got a response back within the hour. Just need to save up a little coin and pull the trigger

Is the RT the heavy duty with extra leaf? I had an extra leaf inserted each side. Lifted one inch and nice compliant ride. Summit truck leaf. Easy and inexpensive.

Is the RT the heavy duty with extra leaf? I had an extra leaf inserted each side. Lifted one inch and nice compliant ride. Summit truck leaf. Easy and inexpensive.
Pretty sure mine are the mopar repro HD rear springs, probably 10 years old or so and have 500 miles on them now and are already flat. 6 left springs and 5 + 2 half leaves on the right.

Pulled the trigger this morning on a new -1” lowering, 6 leaf set from ESPO. Also got a set of u bolts and front eye bolts.

Well...had the new springs sitting around for a few weeks now. Finally had a little time after work today to install them. Took me about an hour total. Took it out for a drive. Much improved ride quality.

Auto Transport Service
Back