• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saginaw Pump Question

westie47

Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
What is the difference between the big block and small block Saginaw pump? Is it just the pulley?
Turns out I have a small block pump and the pulley doesn’t line up. Can I just buy a new pulley or do I need the pump as well?

What is the difference between the big block and small block Saginaw pump? Is it just the pulley?
Turns out I have a small block pump and the pulley doesn’t line up. Can I just buy a new pulley or do I need the pump as well?
Pumps are the same. Some have a press on pulley and early ones are keyed with a nut.

Pumps are the same. Some have a press on pulley and early ones are keyed with a nut.
Okay great. I was looking on Classic Industries and they sell two different pumps, one for small block and one for big block.

Okay great. I was looking on Classic Industries and they sell two different pumps, one for small block and one for big block.
I have no Idea why. I swapped the Saginaw from big blocks to small blocks and vice versa.

I needed a pump with brackets and found one cheap on ebay. Then I rebuilt it with a rebuild kit. I saved lots of money, and the original parts fit perfectly.

Auto Transport Service
Back