• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satellite molding

RSZ28

Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a picture, measurements, or diagram for the location of the holes use to mount stainless steel trim on the top of the doors and below the side window glass for a 1965 Satellite? Thanks

I know this is a lame answer.... but unless you're going for 100% correct it doesn't matter. The clips that go in those holes slide back & forth in the trim (belt molding). Obviously, you'd want one clip near each end of the trim piece and then spread out relatively evenly throughout the rest of the trim. I had to deal with this myself on my belt molding.

65 Satellite trim hole location. Holes from side to side are slightly different. 1) Rear qtr pass side: 2 holes are 1/8" dia, rest are 13/64". Ctr line of 13/64" holes is 11/32" down from second crease fr top of qtr. Drivers side qtr. is about 5/16" down. the 2 1/8" holes are 1/8" down. 2) location of holes on pass side qtr. as measured from front edge of qtr. panel: 7/8", 2 3/4" (1/8" hole), 7 15/16", 14 15/16", 21 15/16", 22 3/4" (1/8") hole, 24 1/2", 30 11/16". All measurements ro ctr. of hole. Pass side door: Hole position (vertical) is inconsistent . Ex: Rear hole located such that the edge of the hole is right on the crease while on the front hole the ctr of the hole is about 3/16" down from the crease. Both 1/8" holes have the to edge of the hole on the crease. Hole spacing from the rear edge of the door: 1/2", 1 29/32" (1/8" hole), 5 1/8", 9 7/32", 15 3/16", 21 3/16", 27 3/16", 33 3/16", 36 7/8" ( 1/8" hole). There is one 1/8" hole on the top edge of the door panel near the vent post that I couldn't figure out a good way to locate so you'll have to dope it out from the trim piece. How to lay out the holes on the rear qtr: lay out a line that is 11/32" down as specified, use a sharp pencil or sharpie; lay out hole locations from front edge of panel where the line intersects the edge; use an awl or a layout punch to mark the holes to be drilled (try to avoid using a ctr punch since you may dimple the metal too much) Since there is a discrepancy between qtr. and doors and door to door this is what I would do: 1) Get doors aligned 2) Lay out and drill holes in qtr. and temporarily fasten trim to qtr.3) Align door trim to match qtr trim & tape in place. 4) Mark top & bottom of door trim to locate vert position of holes for trim.

IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

Can anyone give me a picture, measurements, or diagram for the location of the holes use to mount stainless steel trim on the top of the doors and below the side window glass for a 1965 Satellite? Thanks
Post script: Thought I was running out of room. Word of caution, Remember that some of the plastic clips had the little bayonet (part that goes into the drilled hole) offset from ctr. Might want to check w/ others on forum about this.

Post script: Thought I was running out of room. Word of caution, Remember that some of the plastic clips had the little bayonet (part that goes into the drilled hole) offset from ctr. Might want to check w/ others on forum about this.

Does anyone know where I can get the plastic H clips for the molding at the top of the door as described above. Just finishing a 65 Satellite and so far have not been able to find. Thought KarNut 46 might be able to help. Thanks

You won't find those clips. Tried for mine. Dantes got me these, with a little fine tuning, they worked great

image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back