• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SB headers on a 75 B body?

wedgeheaded

Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
I have the motor out of my 75 Cordoba fixing oil leaks and doing a cam swap. I sand blasted the OEM exhaust manifolds but hate to put them back on a freshly painted motor. Nobody seems to list headers for a 75 B body SB motor. Who makes a set for my application? I can't help but think 71-74 headers would fit. Anybody tried it?

YES! The one size fits all header works. IDK why they do not list it as fitting. They do work. The only difference I have noticed in the car years is the new ISO mount system which has rubber donuts to help in the vibration dept. of smoother riding cars.
This does create a little bit of a off set since the K-frame is about an inch or so lower than normal as the older cars have the K-frame bolted right to the sub frame.

I have also installed Hooker Super Comps (From my '73 Cuda) on my 360 in my '79 Magnum without issue.

I have the motor out of my 75 Cordoba fixing oil leaks and doing a cam swap. I sand blasted the OEM exhaust manifolds but hate to put them back on a freshly painted motor. Nobody seems to list headers for a 75 B body SB motor. Who makes a set for my application? I can't help but think 71-74 headers would fit. Anybody tried it?

A and B body small block long tube headers are the same all the way to 79. i just put on 70-76 A body headers on my 77 charger

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9042/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-78030/

I bought them for a 71-74 and they went right on. I would suggest that you don't use the gaskets they come with though, order Remflex gaskets through a supplier on Amazon. They cost a little more but you can sit back and laugh at other people as they try to stop their gaskets from burning through and leaking.

just to stop it all before it starts
..... my cheap *** long tube hooker headers :

do not scrape
do not leak
do not burn wires
i have no problem accessing #5 and #7 plugs
the paint still looks great after a 1 1/2 years of everyday driving
i just put a set on my charger in 2 hours

sorry, had to get that out there LOL

just to stop it all before it starts
..... my cheap *** long tube hooker headers :

do not scrape
do not leak
do not burn wires
i have no problem accessing #5 and #7 plugs
the paint still looks great after a 1 1/2 years of everyday driving
i just put a set on my charger in 2 hours

sorry, had to get that out there LOL

Hey Super77SE!
That is great to hear! My son will be getting headers in a while and that report makes a good reference for his consideration. "Cheap" suits his budget :hello2:.
David

Last edited:
Hey Super77SE!
That is great to hear! My son will be getting headers in a while and that repoert makes a good reference for his consideration. "Cheap" suits his budget :hello2:.
David

LOL :headbang: as 1toolguy says above , get you some good quality gaskets and use 45* angled boots on #5 and #7

Just saying as a FYI, the Hooker Super Comp headers were A Lot easier to fit in without ground clearance issues. While there a lot more expensive than regular 1 size fit all headers, the flat out worked well. Do not think that there is a major loss of torque because there is not. I used them on a stock 318 without issue.

Painted versions are cheaper than tti's which also fit real Well As so I'm told

I also run the supercomps and had a set of Hedmans before that, both worked just fine although the Hedmans weren't fond of speedbumps. The only reason I got rid of the Hedmans was I wanted to get them Jet-Hot coated and when I called about pricing they told me they had these Hooker Super Comps for $150. Apparently someone sent them in brand new to be coated and then didn't pay the bill, their loss was my gain.

Auto Transport Service
Back