• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

scam emails and PMs from the UK???

696pack

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Have others here been recieving what I believe to be scam emails and PMs from different people claiming to be from the UK?

I have received several emails and now PMs here like this for parts I have advertised as "wanted" on this site. Highly unlikely that people in the UK would have these parts. They send a phone number as well as ask for an email return. I am guessing it originates in Nigeria.

I also was contacted about parts wanted...I reported this person to google gmail...

Last edited:
Me 3. Sounds fishy to me.

I was contacted also on here and me actual email saying they had a r/t hood with insert for like $300 I new it was bogus from the start

Same thing here with me!

I have a top lid for a STR14 intake. I do not have images but they are in mint shape and condition. Asking $160 shipped for it. I will be
shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept
payment via Western union or Money gram. What's your complete shipping
address?

Member name martinAH :icon_fU:

Asshats, to bad there's not a button to send them the plaque an curse them for eternity

Was messaged also. weird. was thinking the same thing. hows this possible on this site to get PM by a spammer?

Scamers here? it's easy all they have to do is sign up.
Now have yall forwarded the emails to the mods?
They can't ban them if they do not know who they are.
And y'all may want to play some cat and mouse with them and find out if your suspicions are right. If they do prove to be dirty. Post the ID's, that would be a worthy service to the rest of the members.

Same thing here with me!

Member name martinAH :icon_fU:

That is the same member I got the PM from.
Here is a copy and past of the PM.

Holley HLY-0-80870 carb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know via email if you still need the Holley HLY-0-80870 carb.

[email protected]

Hey, I just noticed my inbox pm is gone from that spammer, is anybody else's gone?

Yeah, mine just disappeared too. When you search for the member by name nothing comes up. However we do have his email as I had captured it in my copy and paste above.

Odds are the mods have grabbed him and wiped his history.
Talk about doing a good job :headbang:

Hmmmm, I just got one about a bell housing I was looking for and said to reply to an email address. Seemed legit and was written in good English (as you would expect from the UK). Crap, now they have my email. Mine came from [email protected] And I looked and see it's gone from my PM. Twilight Zone email!

Mine was from similer name it was in my actual email not on here but its gone also I never responded to it either I should have but I knew it had to be a scam since nobody in there right mind would sell a r/t hood with insert for $350 maybe the insert or the hood but definitely not both

Scammers

I have not received any but i have not posted anything for sale or in the wanted section for sometime. Yes the too good to be true is usually a tell tale sign. Another big one is with their spelling etc. Sometimes a little tougher to sift out with many of us using typical text lyngo etc but you can always tell very quick with a couple of responses. And if you are "fortunate" enough to get a call from them, their accent and english is a disaster. No disrepect to our legitimit members from countries where your mother tongue is not english. You are the good people we all enjoy interacting with very much. Just stating the obvious about the bandits.

I received a PM from England with regards to an intake manifold...like I'm gonna pay shipping from there?!!!

AWWWWWW You Guy's are so Un Trusting.......lol

where's Yer sense of adventure.....

i just had one in my e/mail account about wanting to buy something for a road runner.

Jeez o petes folks, Email accounts are free. Set one up for possable BS business and spammers.
When I wanted to Vegas wandering, you know airlines, hotels, players cards I set one up for that and its full o crap.
I set up another for car and house stuff, it's packed with home depot, summit.jegs, classic, Y1 ect.
Hell I even have one for suspicious cl adds and such.
All BS names, BS personal info, so what do I care about them.
If one gets over run I just walk away and leave it. in a year or two they will self empty and I can load them up with other crap.
It's all about internet privacy and security.
The voices told me to do this :ufo:

Auto Transport Service
Back