• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam

68383GTS

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Ok had my Road Runner on Ebay and it did not hit my reserve.I did get a email from a Guy asking what I wanted for it,and he was ready to buy.Now I get another email he agrees with my price and wants me to fill out a sales agreement.Never asked for my phone number or anything.Although my Ebay add was pretty descriptive I would think he would want to talk to me in person before spending 23K.I told him if he picks up the car up in person I want a $1000.00 deposit from Pay Pal and the rest due in cash.Or if he is having picking the car up a bank wire transfer in the full amount.And I will release the car and title when it clears my bank.I also told him to call me and gave him my phone number.This sounds a little fish since he has not actually talked to me or asked any other questions about the car.But I guess some people do it this away.What do you all think?I sold a 70 Runner with a bank wire transfer without any issues.

Thanks,Jim

Sounds too easy.i am in retail sales and I have seen it all and when I feel bad about something like this it usually is.sounds like you have a good plan.stick to it.good luck with the sale.

Also I had another email where a Guy was also ready to buy.All most the same email as the first one that this Guy sent.One of these two Guys had 258 positive feedback on ebay,but I deleted both of their emails.

I been tryin to talk your car up. I'd come get it myself but the cops would get me for grand theft auto.

The sales agreement makes sense, especially that it's an off line transaction. Just stick to your payment plan - as in you get the car when it's paid in full!

How long did you wait after the echeck/transfer clear before you let the car out of your sight? ??? Horror stories about echecks/transfers or certified checks cashed and cleared coming back a couple of weeks later being bad and the bank comes after you!? Typical Nigerian scam.

My 70 went to Canada.I waited about 4-6 weeks I can not remember.And I took the money out of the bank as soon as I got it and transferred it to another bank.

bank to bank wire transfers are safe as houses i have bought several cars and other stuff from guyson these forums and sold [hifi]

Well I never heard back from the Guy.On Ebay one last time.Dart6 wire transfers are safe as houses? What?

I always tell them a price higher than what I wanted by 10k and if they're still willing...I know it's a scam...paypal can be backed out...cash or wire transfer only

That's right keywords here are bank to bank. The buyers bank can not send and will not send unless there is money in the account and you do have to have an account.[money laundering] The recieving banks know this. When the money is sitting in your account you can be 100% sure is it is really there it is real money. How do you think business is done between businesses and individuals in different locations. Think about it, it is not rocket science. how the hell can you get scammed ,Firstly banks trust one another [how else would world trade work] secondly to wire money the sender bank has to physically have it. Too many paranoid people out there with wrong info because of scaremongering. Scams rely on gullible peple to work. Never heard of a bank to bank scam IMPOSSIBLE
Well I never heard back from the Guy.On Ebay one last time.Dart6 wire transfers are safe as houses? What?

lol no worries, just an old saying which probably would be questionable in todays world

I've bought 2 cars and a motoercycle off ebay, but anything over $250 is cash, in person, whether I'm the buyer, or the seller.

stay away...you can tell by the phrases they use..."i will like you to consider sold", and stuff like that. That was the same CL stuff i was getting on my last ride i sold. Unless they call you and speak to you it's a scam...they've even upgraded to texting...so be careful

Auto Transport Service
Back