• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

School me on 64' Dodge Interiors

Dan64

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I just received my Legendary door panels for my 64' Polara and i'm noticing that there are some differences of the door panels . Not sure if Polara 500 is the same as the regular Polara or if the 500,base Polara 440 and 330 are all a little different?.
the panels that came with my car seem to have a "half box " of interior molding on the front and rear panels and what i'm seeing on line the front and rear panels have a complete full "Box" ( for lack of a better term ) of interior trim and also have a "Fratzog" emblem on each panel. Can't get pictures to upload right now of what i have.

Polara & Polara 500 panels are different. The only place I have been able to find Non-500 replacements is SMS Fabrics in Oregon. You ship them there and hopefully before you die they will send them back. They ain't cheap and I have not bit the bullet yet but they are the only source I am aware of.

These are the Non-500 panels.

874cf40836a458f25f5240fe53909d77.png

The 64 Polara 500 had a mylar strip on the upper part of the panels and were embossed with 3 point stars!

Interested because I have zero idea mine came with nothing. So I get a learning lesson. Thanks Dan for getting this out there.

The SS interior completely different. Look at center lines on his 64. He hand crafted it that guy has great talent.

With the differences between each '64 model then all the different material and colors they offered, it's amazing what's out there on the early "B"s.

I'm [slowly] restoring a non 1964 Polara 500 convertible. Here are several pics I've found on the Internet of the years that might be of some help....

The Red Bench seat with the arm rest fold-down is how my car came from the factory as a non Polara 500 convertible. The door panels in this pic are also correct for my car too. While this seat upholstery is available from several suppliers, the correct door panels do pose a problem as already mentioned in this thread. I'm not sure yet which direction I'm going to take on those....

64 Polara 500 Door Panel.jpg 64 Polara 500 Interior - Red.jpg Gold on Gold Hardtop Interior 2.jpg 1964 Polara Red Bench Seat.jpg

^^^ That's what i have going on, my old panels look just like the bench seat car's and the new ones from Legendary look like the bucket seat car. So have the wrong interior door panel trim pieces at this point. I'm going to get in touch with a buddy of mine that does interior work, maybe he has a product that could be used to create the " box" of chrome trim needed for the Legendary panels. The "Fratzog" emblems should be something i can track down . If he comes up with something i will post who makes it .

I've got a set of the 64's on the way from Legendary as well. I do not have the "chrome box" trim....If you do come up with a fix there are a lot of folks interested.

The interior in our '64 Polara (non-500) convertible project is mostly gone (literally). As it never had a center console I'm really partial to the red bench seat with armrest shown in the lower right corner of Sixpaksteve's picture. Does anyone know what else this seat would have been used in (other models, years?). Might make it easier to find one.

The interior in our '64 Polara (non-500) convertible project is mostly gone (literally). As it never had a center console I'm really partial to the red bench seat with armrest shown in the lower right corner of Sixpaksteve's picture. Does anyone know what else this seat would have been used in (other models, years?). Might make it easier to find one.
I'm not sure on this but maybe 65' Coronet . I do know the 65' Coronet center console is the same as the 64 ' Polara . Check out Legendary's seat covers by year and model , it should help show what is the same between models and years. "Sleeper64 " on here has or had that same bench seat for sale ( frame and foam, needed new cover) a little while back , shipping to you would probably be a little rough on the wallet.

Last edited:
Yea Dan might be a little cost-prohibitive to ship. But your info helps me. I'll do some digging/searching around here, see what turns up. Thanks for your help!

I've got a set of the 64's on the way from Legendary as well. I do not have the "chrome box" trim....If you do come up with a fix there are a lot of folks interested.
Talked to my friend that has a interior shop , he says that there are no known suppliers of that trim or even a material to make your own. I was looking at a buddies 65' Coronet door panels because i thought they may have parts that could be used as the "box" section on those cars are made from 4 different pieces . Problem is the short vertical pieces are made from pot metal and not stainless like the rest and they appear to be too long , with them being pot metal there is no way to cut them shorter. We're screwed.

Auto Transport Service
Back