• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schumacher Torque Straps and Poly Mounts

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
What's up with these not being available on Schumacher's site and/or Mancini's site?

Guess I'm out of the loop on something?

They've been out of stock for quite a while. I'm on a waiting list for the T-strap, and transmission mounts...

There is something hinky going on. I believe the business that was making the products for Schumacher may be out of business.Or something like that.It's a foundry out of the Detroit area. I know the business has been touch and go for awhile.Not sure but I think the guy just doesn't want to do it anymore. Just rumors I've been hearing.

Glad I bought my set up before bit the dust. That torque strap is invaluable on saving motor mounts. Especially on a stroker.

What wrong with making your own, guys? Buy a turnbuckle work from there?

The poly mounts suck, they sent me 3 sets because they fail.

Think about the direction of the 'poly-loc.'
Both sides of the mount run vertical, which means when the engine twists towards the passenger side, it pushes down and they will slide apart.

Tired of dealing with it, I bought a complete set of their rubber mounts with powder coated brackets and promptly bent the passenger side bracket.

All of this with no burnouts or stupidity, just normal driving.

I have a chain bolted on the engine and frame as the torque strap doesn't fit my model/year. Doesn't help much.

They asked me to make a heat shields the first time, said I shouldn't need them with their headers, which I have, ceramic coated. Made heat shields, same result.

Ended up drilling a hole thru the passenger mount and putting in a bolt, which helped, need to do driver side or go solid.

I don't know why others don't have the same issue, maybe it's because my engine sticks thru the hood and it's extremely noticable when the engine gradually tilts to one side?

Everyone I meet who has them raves about them but no one looks at them.

2 different mounts on the same side in pics, both slid apart.

20170617_153501.jpg 20190531_190004.jpg

Wow ! Thanks for showing us.

Here's my bent mount.
My original mount never bent, with rubber or poly, this bent in under 2 days while testing my efi.

20180531_195504.jpg

What wrong with making your own, guys? Buy a turnbuckle work from there?

My thread was started to ask why they are not available anymore. Yea, use a logging chain around the whole engine if you want too. I'm not asking what else you can use. Fran or anyone else that has suggestions, don't take this comment personal. Just looking for answers :)

They've been out of stock for quite a while. I'm on a waiting list for the T-strap, and transmission mounts...

You might be waiting for awhile. The trans mounts were made by Imperial Services and by him only. Several years ago I had a bad dealing with him. Had to cancel his order and go through another vender to get one. They had to wait for him to make another batch. He shouldn't be allowed to have the equipment and resources to make them. He's not very dependable. If you have ordered from Imperial Services, cancel your order and get your money back.

I'd try Joe Suchy if you haven't. Joe's business is totally '62 through '65 and he keeps up on these hard to find parts. If anyone can help, he will.

I'm about to contact him if no one knows my original question.

Yes, he’s having issues getting product. I saw him about 15 years ago. Works out of his home north of Seattle. I talked with him about a year ago about getting headers for my GTS. They too were on back order. Most vendors in WA state keep inventory ata minimum to avoid the B&O taxes.

On many of my cars. I have always just drilled thru the whole motor mount, counter sink for a 7/16-14 flat head cap screw, tighten with a thinner jam nut on the bottom. Cut the remaining bolt length flush with edge of jam nut. Lock tight with red 271. Makes it still flex some and eliminates any solid mount vibration yet still solid enough to not tear the motor mount.

On many of my cars. I have always just drilled thru the whole motor mount, counter sink for a 7/16-14 flat head cap screw, tighten with a thinner jam nut on the bottom. Cut the remaining bolt length flush with edge of jam nut. Lock tight with red 271. Makes it still flex some and eliminates any solid mount vibration yet still solid enough to not tear the motor mount.

I'm not asking for alternatives. I'm asking...well read the title and first post.

Yes, he’s having issues getting product. I saw him about 15 years ago. Works out of his home north of Seattle. I talked with him about a year ago about getting headers for my GTS. They too were on back order. Most vendors in WA state keep inventory ata minimum to avoid the B&O taxes.

Who's he?

Auto Transport Service
Back