• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schumacher Tri Y header fitment question.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a set of Tri Ys off a RB in a A body will fit my 67 B body with a B engine.

I found a nice shape used set , just eye balling them they look like they would fit.

Just wanted to ck. if any of you guys would know.

Thought about calling Schumachers but since the are used didn't know if they would want to mess with it

Thanks

Should bolt right in with zero fitment issues.

I'd check the site. IIRC they make different part numbers for B and RB, and they're about an inch different to compensate for the deck height. I think TTI, Schu and Dougs are the only companies that do this.

Can make a difference at the starter, and trans linkage.

I've got the Schumacher Tri-Ys on my car, they are for both the B/RB engines. They fit awesomely on my 383 all I had to do was remove the battery tray and #8 spark plug and they dropped right in.

I've got the Schumacher Tri-Ys on my car, they are for both the B/RB engines. They fit awesomely on my 383 all I had to do was remove the battery tray and #8 spark plug and they dropped right in.

No unbolting drivers side mount and jacking up the engine? No center link removal? That would be nice.

Thanks for the replies guys, Im going to go ahead and get them.

I was hoping to use the Tri-Y's on my Road Runner, but saw on the website that they will interfere with the z-bar on 4-speed applications - so I went with TTi. Have any of you installed them in a 4-speed car?

According to the TTI instructions, you have to modify that Z-bar to get the headers to fit.

I was hoping to use the Tri-Y's on my Road Runner, but saw on the website that they will interfere with the z-bar on 4-speed applications - so I went with TTi. Have any of you installed them in a 4-speed car?

Same here but I save some dough and bought Hedman ceramics

U can modify the header yourself, search this subject on the abodies website to see.how. u.can also.have Schumacher do it but they send it off to someone else and it's ridiculous price wise. I've wondered if the zbar tti sells will.work with the schumakers?

Thanks again guys, just a update............. I went for a little road trip today and bought the Tri - Ys , nice set need cleaned up but good shape. Also got a extra set of flowmaster muffs and the flanges to hook up pipes to the headers.
Last but not least he had a set of Aero/ Indy cast iron cyl heads. They are the 516s but machined for 2.14 & 1.81 valves, hard seats and bronze guides. He had robbed the stainless valves & springs for his new aluminum heads.

Those bare heads road home also, I have to take them to the machine shop and get some new valves fit.
Prob a little over kill for my 383 but she should breath better now lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back