• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schumacher tri-y headers

Lngbrdz

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Hello all looking to see some pics of guys that have used the Schumacher tri-y headers in their 68-70 b bodies with 440 engines.

I'm using them on my 70 roadrunner / 493 stroker. My 80 Grit probably has some pics where they are visible.

I have had a set on a 65 Sport Fury (ok, not a B body) with a 440. Been on there for nearly 20 years (really). They fit great, no leaks. I highly recommend them.
I just realized, I don't have any pictures that show the headers. I'll try to find time to post some.

IMG_0157.jpg

Here's a photo of my 400 with Schumachers attached.

Sorry no photos but I have used them on 2 projects.B engine 65 Belvedere,and a 72 GTX 500 inch. Both street cars.They perform well thou they are not all out race headers.My 65 ran in the 11.90's with them,451 stroker.Plans are to use them on our next 63 Belvedere project.

Same here, I am running a set on a 383 in a 67 Coronet but no current pics of them.
I will tell you they installed easy, I did not have to jack up the engine, my 67 has power steering and column shift auto.

besides the stock manifolds I had to pull the plugs , starter & the lower trans linkage/bell crank and rod, car was aprox 20" in the air on tall jack stands. Right side slid right up , left side took a little wiggle and jiggle but slid in place.

Back in the 70s and 80s I put cheap full tub headers on a few B bodies, These Tri Ys would have sure saved a lot of cussin back then.

Thanks all for your replies. I'm looking for fitment inside a 69 charger. Specifically the passenger side.

Passenger side of a 65 C body is as tight as they get (torsion bar interference). They should have a ton of clearance on a 69 Charger.
-Matt

Is it worth purchasing the chrome plated headers, or does the chrome just peel off.

Auto Transport Service
Back