• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scored this nut and bolt organizer/display

YY1

Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
...at a thrift type store.

I've been using coffee cans but there's not enough of any one type/size bolt to make them space effective.

This has a much more efficient size and it's already labeled with 1/4" to 1/2" sizes, plus theres a LOT of those size bolts, nuts and washers in grade 5 and 8 that were included in the deal.

$50. Heck, 20 bolts and nuts from Lowes is $50.

The place I got it is run by a guy that does used car prep at a dealership.

He basically sells whatever is left in trade in and auction bought vehicles.

He's got another one in metric I may go back and get.

Last time I was there I scored two 8x8" 1/2" thick plates for my press project.
IMG_20170820_131325.jpg

I have a metal bin with drawers. My shop is way too dusty for an open one......thing is, it's kinda small with small but long drawers and the larger bolts fill it up pretty fast unless they are placed in neatly.

that's:rolleyes: the draw back on open bolt bins

Every type of container, basket, bowl, pan etc. that my wife tosses out. And a zillion cans..

I just saw a nearly identical larger model (60 bins IIRC) at rural King for $150.

I made the score on this stuff a few years back. The cart I made to be able to move it around. When the mother ship was closing dealers, one of the dealers I used to work at would buy inventories from shut down dealers. He needed room to store his latest acquisition as he didn't have enough room. He got ahold of me and asked if I could store it for him at the family ranch. In return, he would let me have all of the shop supplies. Major score!!!!!!!! Bins with nuts/bolts/washers, drawers with screws, terminals, fittings, clips, zip ties, roll discs etc etc. Keep your ears open for shops, dealers etc going out. Another one is the outside companies who supply said shops will do an inventory switch from one brand to another, or one company going out and another in, and the inventory can sometimes get scrapped as they don't want to spend the time to re-number and count items. Stuff can be had cheap.

IMG_0214.JPG

yy1: My brother has one exactly the same. Great to have.

Every type of container, basket, bowl, pan etc. that my wife tosses out. And a zillion cans..
Ghost, Sounds like you need to take some of those zillion cans and make a nut and bolt organizer. :lol:

yy1: My brother has one exactly the same. Great to have.

Ghost, Sounds like you need to take some of those zillion cans and make a nut and bolt organizer. :lol:

I didn't like those organizers like the o.p. posted because I can not get my hands out of them after I grab some hardware. I gave them away. I eventually went to to the louvered panels with bins. I like these because I can grab the bins I need & carry them to the cars or out side if working on something else in the driveway.

20161104_213833 (004).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back