• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCE SD CONCEPTS Reviews

Donakey

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking for thoughts on SDCE to buy a procharger kit. Is there stuff reliable? Is the customer service good.Thanks for for your input.

The people I have talked to really like ProCharger. There are a lot of them in drag racing now.

I’m looking for thoughts on SDCE to buy a procharger kit. Is there stuff reliable? Is the customer service good.Thanks for for your input.
No personal experience with them but they have been around for a while now. “They” did make an appear an here for a short spell. From those that did work with them and posted about it, they did write and speak well of people and work done at SDCE.

The Pro Charger systems are very good. Super popular from street to strip. A huge selection is available from mild to race only. How reliable they are is something I can not answer. I haven’t heard anyone complain about there Pro Charger.

I like the fact you can see the prices stages of power and what the kit looks like.Its important to have some kind of customer service if it breaks

Well, to be honest with you, I don’t know how they could warranty or be responsible for the super charger. It isn’t there product. I can see them helping Facilitate things with you and Pro Charger.

Part of owning a peice of Equipment like a procharger is tearing it down after so many hours of use.A PM is important to protect your investment.Ordering Parts and having customer service to trouble shoot problems is paramount to me when building a motor with multiple systems and spending a lot of money to do it.

I’m just being honest with you as well.Do you own a high dollar motor your self ?

I don’t know what a “PM” is.

I don’t know how that particular unit comes apart of for inspections and service or if it is possible to do so. Or even recommended to do so.
Ordering parts, upgrade or replacement is one thing.
Trouble shooting is another. If it were I, I would figure you already know what your doing with such equipment.

When you say “multiple “ are you planning of twin super chargers?

IMO, right from reading this, I would contact the company. Start asking questions and express your concerns.

Thanks man.I really appreciate the great information.

I’m just being honest with you as well.Do you own a high dollar motor your self ?
Good question and an honest answer is also point of view. Starting with high dollar? What is high dollar? I have small blocks that are multiple carbureted (2 engines, 1, 6 pack, 1, tunnel ram), 1, 9 second bracket engine, doing a resto 340 engine. Working on 2 strokers now. B engine and a 340 stroker.

Another point of view is earnings. Spending a size able amount of cash could be sizeable against your paycheck. As well as what expendable cash you have. LOL! A lot of what someone has as expendable has little to do with what they earn and keep. But it is all hard earned and something not to throw away. I don’t think any of us can just throw away 50K and laugh at it.

Getting the best bang for the buck is something we can all agree on.

Thanks again man.Im glad you where able to school me on what questions to ask and general life lessons.I mean I have done pretty good and what I want to know what people think about this company and what I got was some solid life lessons here and I can’t thank you enough for that.Please stay In touch

Well, as I see it, I didn’t say much but...

I’d ask;

Is there any routine Maintenance for the super charger?
Can you do a twin set up?
How EZ is it to change pulleys to adjust boost levels?
What is the brackets made of & how thick?
Pulley alignment issues, cave eats, etc...
What is the longevity record and how EZ are replacement parts to get or is it a case of just getting a new SC instead of replacement parts?
Do you service the SC?
Does Pro Charger service the SC?
Do you guys serve Rocky Road ice cream with sprinkles???

Yes all good questions to ask.Im looking forward to hearing there reply when I speak to them.

Do you own a procharger yourself? What kind do you use? Your into racing have a wide base of knowledge.I can change Parts but I’m not into tuning carbs or Messing around with that.Im into Fabrication I want something reliable drive any where any time and have some fun along the way.

Procharger service consists mostly of oil changes which are straightforward forward and the very occasional rebuild which are best to be sent direct back to procharger (maybe every 5 years)

In regards to SD Concepts have a look at Devin's ?747Mopar) serpentine thread and you will see what a stand up guy he is at SD. I'll actually be buying my girdle and billet caps from SD

Keep in mind all SD is responsible for is the brackets and a custom serp system to make everything line up and work.

Here's a link to Dev's thread https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/true-serpentine-belt-install-on-a-bb-mopar.109266/

Ya that’s really nice stuff and clean.I enjoyed that thread

wanted to jump in here... there is a mix up and you are talking about two different companies....
sdconcepts.com offers the serpentine belt kits and bcr girdle kits. sdconcepts is in process of being rebranded again as bcr products and will carry all serpentine belt kits and girdle kits and crank trigger kits and efi components we make in house. we can be reached at 586-350-8561 and are in troy michigan.

sd-concepts.com is SDCE out of rhode island. great bunch of guys and they are the ones who do the supercharger installs. they service all models not just mopars. 401-270-8409

no problem. will be setting up an online store and an ebay store with all our products to make shopping and ordering that much easier. we've got all the kits in stock and ready for shipment.

Auto Transport Service
Back