• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching Tap for Small Thread Screw In Ball Joints

Moparjack 489

Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
I found it only on one website LHC .
But they not respond on my mails , and I can not order from their website directly because they not shipping to Germany
5B589A6B-F6C1-48F9-8223-90F38C46D1A0.png

Anyone knows who sell it too?
i check already summit / e bay.com / amazon.com / Jegs ... nobody have it ...
I very happy if someone can help me to get this tool to Germany in any quick way .

How bad are the threads? No one sells the tap because no one needs it. Wire brush the A arm and screw it it.

Might be better off to replace the A arm because that tap cant be cheap.

I like to have the tap . Threads are “ dirty , not get out with wire brush, ball joint material in the threads of the arm . Can also not replace the lower control arm , because is 1 generation control freak , they not produce it anymore . They already have generation 2 , but the arms in gen.2 not fit my 1. Gen chassis
Hope LHC reply my e mail and send the tap to me, maybe because you guys had big holiday last week , that’s maybe the reason why they not respond so quick...

Why don't you use a freight forwarder? They provide you with a US shipping address and will forward to Germany once they have received the package.
Plenty of different companies to choose from.

Like the idea of a thread chaser. Why not cut a thread chaser into new ball joint, know that goes against German precision but think it would work. Could remove the chased BJ and clean up UCA and BJ or buy another ball joint. That comment about German precision wasn't a put down.

Why don't you use a freight forwarder? They provide you with a US shipping address and will forward to Germany once they have received the package.
Plenty of different companies to choose from.[yes
Like the idea of a thread chaser. Why not cut a thread chaser into new ball joint, know that goes against German precision but think it would work. Could remove the chased BJ and clean up UCA and BJ or buy another ball joint. That comment about German precision wasn't a put down.[/QUOT
Yes I like the
problem is I can not experience it, ne because can’t buy a new lower control arm , they not produce it anymore . That’s the „ biggest „ problem , and just to go on the save side I like to have the right tool from Left Hand chassis the tap for repair small Chrysler ball joint k772 style threads

problem is I can not experience it, ne because can’t buy a new lower control arm , they not produce it anymore . That’s the „ biggest „ problem , and just to go on the save side I like to have the right tool from Left Hand chassis the tap for repair small Chrysler ball joint k772 style threads
In all of my years working on Mopars, I have never heard of anyone having or using a tap on their ball joint threads. I don't know what LCA you have that can't be replaced. I am 99.9% sure that someone on this forum has a LCA that they would gladly sell you.

But one thing I interesting very much , maybe Someone know it . what’s the normal procedure to thread a new k772 style ( Moog) small Chrysler ball joint in the upper or in my case lower control arm . Just use anti size and you can thread the new ball joint complete in by hand or small amount of torque and after torque him to 80 ft pound or some write up to 125 ft- pound .
Or is the new ball joint a little bigger that makes it impossible to get the new ball joint in by hand ?

9A1AFA36-CB5E-457F-A93C-F1529C4C8A23.jpeg
In all of my years working on Mopars, I have never heard of anyone having or using a tap on their ball joint threads. I don't know what LCA you have that can't be replaced. I am 99.9% sure that someone on this forum has a LCA that they would gladly sell you.
Thanks for try to help me Ironbuild! I appreciated .
This is a lower control arm from the first generation IFS Control Freak Suspension . You not can buy it anymore . Just repair it , or manufacture a copy of it .

Some of you guys need some "Tool 101" training. :BangHead::poke::lol:

I found it only on one website LHC .
But they not respond on my mails , and I can not order from their website directly because they not shipping to Germany
View attachment 972420
Anyone knows who sell it too?
i check already summit / e bay.com / amazon.com / Jegs ... nobody have it ...
I very happy if someone can help me to get this tool to Germany in any quick way .
Any idea what size and thread pitch?

But one thing I interesting very much , maybe Someone know it . what’s the normal procedure to thread a new k772 style ( Moog) small Chrysler ball joint in the upper or in my case lower control arm . Just use anti size and you can thread the new ball joint complete in by hand or small amount of torque and after torque him to 80 ft pound or some write up to 125 ft- pound .
Or is the new ball joint a little bigger that makes it impossible to get the new ball joint in by hand ?
There is a special socket.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-10213-64-Inch-Joint-Socket/dp/B003IOEQ1O

81u-g6ADIlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back