• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat back braces

cbodybob

Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Lets see your fabed up seat back braces. Not welded on. I'm looking at something like this. They want $250 plus shipping. Let's see what you guys have come up with to give me ideas.

I have something that goes through my tubing and it acts like the same thing in my 65 light blue dodge. All it does is keeps the seat stiff but it is not good for side to side movement.
I had a long talk with my chassis shop and what we did in my 65 Plymouth was to weld a tab from the rollcage to the back of the seat and bolt it in to the seat so if a side impact or roll over the seat is going to fly around.
Going to do the same to my 65 light blue dodge next time it goes to the shop.

So that is an expensive, glorified seat stop.IMO

rollcage12.png

I have something that goes through my tubing and it acts like the same thing in my 65 light blue dodge. All it does is keeps the seat stiff but it is not good for side to side movement.
I had a long talk with my chassis shop and what we did in my 65 Plymouth was to weld a tab from the rollcage to the back of the seat and bolt it in to the seat so if a side impact or roll over the seat is going to fly around.
Going to do the same to my 65 light blue dodge next time it goes to the shop.

So that is an expensive, glorified seat stop.IMO

View attachment 357168
What you want the seat flying around for?

What I'd like to know is- what kind of paint is that on the bar in that first pic/post? That looks neat! Like snakeskin..

What I'd like to know is- what kind of paint is that on the bar in that first pic/post? That looks neat! Like snakeskin..
I think that is just a promo piece used as a sales aid or display. It's not an actual roll cage in a car. It probably has a wrap on it

image.jpeg
And this is one that is similar to the one I fabed up on my last car.

Auto Transport Service
Back