• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat belt mounting bolt size

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
My car is in storage 2 hours away so thought I would ask. What is the bolt size on my 63 Ply wagon where the original seat belts bolt to the floor. Maybe 1/2 in x 20 or different? Want to get some eye bolts so I can mount the lap belts from my Simpson harness. Car has sat for so long I lost the original bolts for my old lap belts. Thanks.

I know the bolt head takes a 13/16 socket. And it's about 2 inches long. Hope that helps

My 69 and 70 cars have 7/16 - 20 seat belt bolts.

FMVSS requires all seat belt bolts be 7/16-20
grade 8. (industry standard)

Recent post are correct about 7/16 - 20. I used a 25/64 drill bit to clean out the putty the manufacturer puts in the hole then use a tap to clean the threads.
Screenshot_20220316-201820_Gallery.jpg

If you're looking for belts and hardware Seatbeltsplus has a good fact simile to the ones used originally. Might even find the bolts at Rock Auto?
20180415_110834.jpg

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/1800-74.html

Recent post are correct about 7/16 - 20. I used a 25/64 drill bit to clean out the putty the manufacturer puts in the hole then use a tap to clean the threads.
View attachment 1256229

If you're looking for belts and hardware Seatbeltsplus has a good fact simile to the ones used originally. Might even find the bolts at Rock Auto?
View attachment 1256231
Lap Seat Belt Chrome Lift Latch 74", Select Color

Khryslerkid, I'm getting ready to order seatbelts. What color is that belt webbing you have?

I got the Medium Beige. Closest to the Rose Beige that they had. They'll send you samples.

khryslerkid to the rescue again! Thanks for the info. With the Rose Beige interior I have too, I'll skip samples and order the same color.

Ordering 4 sets of 74" for front and 2 sets of 60" for rear seats.

For anyone else in the market for belts, seatbeltsplus.com also has brushed metal latches. I'd have gone with those if the price wasnt such a premium... they look nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back