• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat belt restaints install

moparsquid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Hello I'm about to install some belts on my 62 I have the belts and bolts ,my question is there are these rubber plugs in the floor nuts do they just push out or do I have to cut them Id like to save them if I can because I know their hard to find

Seat belts in a '62? Was that an option back then? I don't believe seatbelts were required until 1965.

Anyway.... if you have a place for the seat belts to bolt in, the for Heaven's sake, save those plugs. To be sure you have the correct holes, the seat belts attach into "nuts" welded to "seat belt support" pieces in the floor (in '70 at least).

The rubber plugs just pushed out of my 64. I saved them,,somewhere...

Seat belts in a '62? Was that an option back then? I don't believe seatbelts were required until 1965.

Anyway.... if you have a place for the seat belts to bolt in, the for Heaven's sake, save those plugs. To be sure you have the correct holes, the seat belts attach into "nuts" welded to "seat belt support" pieces in the floor (in '70 at least).
thanks for the reply ,yes seat belts were an option in 62 the only reason I'm installing them is its a requirement at the local drag srtip

Auto Transport Service
Back