• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seatbelt Question

HeliPilot71

Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
Have a 68 RoadRunner 4sp with bench seats...Looking to add 3 point seatbelts for the front and rear; what are my options? Earlier or later year belts welcomed if they will fit.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Eric

Are you talking shoulder belts and lap belts? Or race type harness's?

I am looking for a seatbelt set up that includes the lap and shoulder as one unit; like a 3 point harness. I am not sure if they made one for a bench seat in 68 or not. It can be out of another Mopar/year. Just looking for something that will work.

Thanks for the help

I am looking for a seatbelt set up that includes the lap and shoulder as one unit; like a 3 point harness. I am not sure if they made one for a bench seat in 68 or not. It can be out of another Mopar/year. Just looking for something that will work.

Thanks for the help
Look at my post and check out that PDF.. I think thats what you are looking for.

Look at my post and check out that PDF.. I think thats what you are looking for.
That's exactly what I was looking for....will this work for the rear passengers as well? Not sure if there is an anchor point for the shoulder part.

Im not sure but do check out the page it may be on there. Im not sure they ever put rear shoulder belts in the old mopars.

Im not sure but do check out the page it may be on there. Im not sure they ever put rear shoulder belts in the old mopars.
I didn't think they did...was kind of hoping someone could shed a little light on that if it's been done in the past.

You have been a huge help...thanks a lot.

Eric

I didn't think they did...was kind of hoping someone could shed a little light on that if it's been done in the past.

You have been a huge help...thanks a lot.

Eric
You might be able to use the same style for the rear but the anchor point for the upper part would be a hard thing to figure out. Since there is no provision in the rear for a shoulder belt.

Rear shoulder belts are pretty rare in B-bodies. I looked at an A12 Super Bee a few years ago that had them. I believe that was the only A12 known to have them. The rear upper belt went up into the speaker tray and then into the trunk area.

Auto Transport Service
Back