• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats for 1968 RoadRunner - unknown origin

Mike Briano

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Hello!

I purchased my 68 RR in pieces and have been on a year long journey to put it together...what a road!

I am now taking a deeper look at the seats as the foam is flaking and I need to replace.

The covers for all the seats look fine and will probably get a nice clean up, but I need to replace foam.

These are bucket seats (don't think many RR's came with buckets) question is, how do I replace the foam if I am not sure what car these seats came with? I do have what looks like to be a buddy seat not pictured....

Can anyone help identify these seat so I can order new foam? I have no idea what car they originally came from.

thanks all!

Mike

Cliff 11.jpg Cliff 12.jpg Cliff 13.jpg Cliff 15.jpg Cliff 14.jpg

You've got 68-69 C-body seats. I need a good drivers side seat back for my dads 69 Sport Fury.

I thought 68 rr came with front bench seats only ? What does your fender tag or build sheet say

Get whichever foam looks like it will be the best match for those seats, which you already know are not original to your car. If the covers don't fit the way you want, you glue pieces of foam (that have the same density as the pre-made seat foam) on to bulid it up and shape it with an electric carving knife... or simply contour the seat foam if it's too big for the covers to begin with.

Auto Transport Service
Back