• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Security Error on Picture Upload

69L48Z27

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I’m getting an upload error when trying to upload a photo to my build thread. Done this a whole lotta times and no issue. Same camera, resolution, etc.

Ideas?
B18127B2-703D-4D81-BD5C-08E5230E7613.png

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m trying to upload.
0E6B47CA-4760-413C-9CC8-1FE0D1DCB86D.png

Close FBBO and come back on. It's been locking up on me a lot today.
Did that. No go. I’m not having any other problems, it’s just this one picture. Almost like it thinks there’s something bad with it.

Ah.. okay, maybe size limit. I've been loading 4.9/5.1 meg pictures all along in my thread, but I've seen others question failure to load on some larger ones.

Maybe too high resolution?

Same camera as the last 100 pictures I’ve uploaded.

That busy pattern would send your camera to the FAR end of it's Megapixels. Bet you've always been close to the load limit with it and that pic just drove it the extra mile!

I’m trying to figure out how to see the file size on iPhone pictures. I was thinking about that.

Try resizing it. Sometimes it's the patteren. I had some of the back yard with mostly green grass and it didn't like it. Digital resolutions messing with it.

Guess that was it. Got it down to 5MB. What’s the limit? Be nice if the error said file too big instead of ‘Security Error’.
B32A9331-3174-4F37-B1BD-BA574D9CCFCD.jpeg

Guess that was it. Got it down to 5MB. What’s the limit? Be nice if the error said file too big instead of ‘Security Error’.
View attachment 708065
Not sure what the limit is...I thought it was around 2Mb....but either way - the Security Flag comes up because the site assumes there is an attack taking place. One Flag covers a multitude of potential threats. My 2 cents worth.

Auto Transport Service
Back