• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

See if this works...

Since you've poured plenty of spray thru this thing, how did it look inside? What needed replacement?
Doug

Since you've poured plenty of spray thru this thing, how did it look inside? What needed replacement?
Doug
Bearings looked really good. Much better than I expected! Cap walk was almost non existent. Since I had it apart, I went ahead and replaced the rod bearings and went from .060 Cometic head gaskets to .027 to gain a little compression.

I am convinced the light Molnar rotating assembly, the low rpm (6400 rev limit) and conservative timing all help with keeping it alive.

Goes to show a good nitrous tune isn't that hard on stuff.
Doug

Goes to show a good nitrous tune isn't that hard on stuff.
Doug
I've had to treat this as a big experiment and learn as I go since not many Mopar guys use spray. Crept up on shots starting with 100 and increasing in 50 shot increments until getting to 250.

I'm apparently doing everything "wrong" as well as people have told me purging through the engine will blow it up, hitting all of it off the line is not recommended and is hard on parts, etc.

Good thing I listened to all those people...

Auto Transport Service
Back