• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Leads on a 1 of 1 68 Coronet R/T Convertible

JimmyDThatsMe

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
As the title says, an old friend of my dad's used to own a true 1 of 1 68 Coronet RT Convertible. What made this car unique is that it was the only RT Convertible built with a HEMI and a 4 Speed.

Evidently this car was sold in the late 80's for a large sum around the Nova Scotia, Canada area, when he was down on his luck and really needed the money. Since then, he's been curious whatever happened to the car he has so many great memories with.

Has anybody here every heard of or seen this car before?

Last edited:
Wow, I must need another coffee! I did read that! LOL.:BangHead:

Ha! Happens to the best of us. In case you're curious... here's the photos I have of the car.

1.jpg 3.jpg

WOW. One guys stated that it's currently located in California. I wonder if anybody else on the forum has thoughts on where it may be....

The posts also claimed it was a MM1 coloured car which is Turbine Bronze, and your pics clearly show a blue R/T with Hemi badge, black top/interior/stripe.

I don't doubt that it was squirrelled away into some deep pocket collection and never seen again, until they croak and the family auctions it all off.

You'd think a Google Image search would turn up some photos of it, if it ever showed up at a meet or show, and I see nothing.

Looks like mine, without a roof! Nice car. Is it Turquoise or Blue? What color was the top? I wish I know where you could find it. If its out there, somebody on FBBO will know where it is or was. Good luck!!

(I posted this in another old thread earlier). I like all things "'68 Coronet R\T"

Hi. I had heard of that car years ago. I don't know if it is the same car, I never saw it or pictures of it. At the time it was owned by two brothers in Nova Scotia who were very much into mopars. It was sold quite a few years ago but I don't know where it went. I do have his name and phone number if you would like it. Bobby

The posts also claimed it was a MM1 coloured car which is Turbine Bronze, and your pics clearly show a blue R/T with Hemi badge, black top/interior/stripe.

I don't doubt that it was squirrelled away into some deep pocket collection and never seen again, until they croak and the family auctions it all off.

You'd think a Google Image search would turn up some photos of it, if it ever showed up at a meet or show, and I see nothing.

After the old owner sold the car, it was returned to the OEM color - RR1 Burgundy. The pictures I posted are VERY dated... probably 40 years old at this point.

I'm sure it's sitting happily in a garage somewhere. But DAMN would it be nice to be the one to find it so I can let the old owner (Mike) know where she is. He's been searching for years.

Hi. I had heard of that car years ago. I don't know if it is the same car, I never saw it or pictures of it. At the time it was owned by two brothers in Nova Scotia who were very much into mopars. It was sold quite a few years ago but I don't know where it went. I do have his name and phone number if you would like it. Bobby

You're probably thinking of Mike, and his best buddy Bruce. I actually posted some photos earlier in the thread of Mike with the car.

My dad got to know Mike back when I was around 14. We lived in Wisconsin and Mike was in NS. My dad has an identical 68 'Vert, but with a 440 instead of the HEMI. My dad's is a 1 of 88, where as Mike's was a 1 of 1. After my dad retired in 2003, him and I drove his convertible all the way to Nova Scotia from Wisconsin and stayed with Mike for a week. Ever since then, I've been trying to do my part to help hunt down "the one that got away".

Just to clarify things a tad, there were 9 Coronet R/T converts built with a Hemi in 68. But only 1 was a 4 gear

Picture or Canadian cars back around 1988 in a NHOA newsletter. Note 1968 R/T vert in Villemaire.
rt vert.JPG

As the title says, an old friend of my dad's used to own a true 1 of 1 68 Coronet RT Convertible. What made this car unique is that it was the only RT Convertible built with a HEMI and a 4 Speed.

Evidently this car was sold in the late 80's for a large sum around the Nova Scotia, Canada area, when he was down on his luck and really needed the money. Since then, he's been curious whatever happened to the car he has so many great memories with.

Has anybody here every heard of or seen this car before?
Hi there,

I'm located in Hamilton, ON and remember talking to a fella in Nova Scotia about this car when I saw the ad in the Canadian Auto Trader in the early 90s. Not sure if that was your dad's friend or someone who bought it from him. The car was RR1 Burgundy if I recall? Maybe with a white interior, or red? I heard that it was eventually sold to the US east coast somewhere, but don't know if that's true or not...

You might want to try contacting Nigel at National Moparts, here in Ontario. He might have more info to share.

Good luck. A very cool car that deserves to be seen again.

I know where the car the OP seeks is. I'm not at liberty to disclose names or location. As the owner prefer to remain anonymous and out of the social limelight

Last time I talked to him it was / is under construction and seeking an nos or perfect original trunk floor.

And yes the op and myself have talked via pm about it in the past

I know where the car the OP seeks is. I'm not at liberty to disclose names or location. As the owner prefer to remain anonymous and out of the social limelight

Last time I talked to him it was / is under construction and seeking an nos or perfect original trunk floor.

And yes the op and myself have talked via pm about it in the past
Bill could you/have you passed the Nova Scotia owners info along to the current owner?

Bill could you/have you passed the Nova Scotia owners info along to the current owner?
Yes, the OP and myself have already talked .
The car is being restored as we speak.
He thinks the car will be done sometime next year

Auto Transport Service
Back