• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seen at PRI today

Hemirunner

Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
I’m digging the all black

FA508726-D57B-46FF-8271-53ACF19A75CD.jpeg

What are the advantages? Is this a wet timing belt or dry? I'm thinking of plenty of disadvantages.

Advantages:
Cheaper and quieter.
Smaller packaging.

Disadvantage:
Shorter life of fiberglass-backed elastomeric belt.
I don't trust elastomeric teeth to not shear off eventually. I'm paranoid that way and I wouldn't want to use it on an engine that has a lumpy/loping idle.

I wouldn't use it on an interference engine.

They have been using timing belts for a long time. But not on high spring pressure roller cam V8s. Might be the sweetest thing ever but I’m not rich enough to chance it in my motor.

They have been using timing belts for a long time. But not on high spring pressure roller cam V8s. Might be the sweetest thing ever but I’m not rich enough to chance it in my motor.
It may seem weird but yes they use that in many current high performance v8s.

I know it’s like when Harley went to belts I cried for a week.

what was the cost?
I was on my way out and didn’t get to discuss it with them. It may be a lower cost option to the Jesel belt drive but I’m sure it’s probably 100% China made. I was actually surprised at seeing new parts for these old Mopar engines. If you look around, the market is fading away.

What are the advantages? Is this a wet timing belt or dry? I'm thinking of plenty of disadvantages.
It’s a dry setup
Eliminate any front to back cam thrust movement
Externally adjustable cam timing
Eliminate any harmonic transfer between cam and crank

One plus I see is 6-5/16" bolts VS 4-1/4" on the Jesel cam gear. I know I cringe every time they need to be torqued.

Have these already been released or any idea when they are coming to the market? Quick google search came up with nothing. Thanks for sharing! I've always loved Howards Cams products.

Auto Transport Service
Back