• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seinfeld Question

FlagCraig

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
I've been addicted to Seinfeld reruns for quite awhile. To me that is entertainment, especially the first 4-5 seasons.

The character that makes the show is Kramer. He does a fantastic job and the show would not be the same without him.

My question is do you think Jerry has taken care of him (Michael Richards) financially after all these years in reruns? He definitely deserves it and we know Jerry owns the rights and has made multi....multi....multi millions.

I don't know the answer to that question - but remember when Kramer went nuts on a rant in that comedy club a few years back? I always thought it was because his career tanked after the Seinfeld Show stopped. He got a spin off that didn't make it. Elaine has obviously done well and I George has done okay too. You'd like to think they were all taken care of - but you know show business.....

I know that Seinfeld has a tremendous following, but the few times I tried to watch it, I just couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.

He ALREADY took care of him, I believe. For at least the last season, maybe two, each main cast member was making one million per episode, I think. Julia Dreyfus's father is a billionaire. What a catch !!!

A few years ago I saw Jason Alexander in a local bank. His brother was with him and I believe he was doing his finances for him :rolleyes:. Just the impression that I got.

"Cosmos" cracks me up!

I know that Seinfeld has a tremendous following, but the few times I tried to watch it, I just couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.
There are some very annoying episodes that I'll have to change to something else too!

I did like the one that they played backwards. :realcrazy:

Larry David (the lead writer and guy who looks like and does a perfect Bernie sanders impression) made that show what it is. If you like Seinfeld try his show curb your enthusiasm on HBO. Kramer will be fine based on seinfeld royalties from syndication. I liked Seinfeld at the time it was popular and know the references but it feels dated now. Just my opinion and it would be different if I didn't watch every episode when it was in prime time.

a big factor for me is I don't like Jerry Seinfeld the man. We used to road race motorcycles at a track in upstate NY, then the owners turned it into a car club and at the request of Jerry the motorcycle track days were excluded as he is not a fan of two wheels, at all. I really disliked him after that because that was by far my favorite racetrack to ride, then I watched his cars and coffee show and that cemented it. Big time snob.

Michael Richards and Jerry Stiller made the show.

Richards went in that rant because there was some annoyingly disrespect punk disrupting his routine.

The show was about nothing.
This thread is about money as a measure of/about a show that was about nothing.:)
So if Kramer is only worth 45 million--where do the extras in the series fit as being paid for their work?
This is all silly as well as water under the bridge. The show is old and the contracts/agreements made at the time are all a part of a gamble with something like this. When it does well it is natural to look back and think about--WHAT IF--
All of the players on the show did well because of the show's success. They all would have floundered had it failed.

Last edited:
giphy (1).gif

Hmm--Is $45 million not enough?
Or is $870 million too much?

I could live quite nicely on either one of the interest earnings on either bankroll. Try me....

I could (and would) live in comfort for 450 years on Kramer's paltry compensation. (without earning interest).

Well --maybe inflation would cut that down to only a couple of hundred years.:eek:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back