• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEMA Ticket

MD Mopar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Wanting to go to SEMA, but don't have a ticket. Does anyone have one they don't need. Never been, a bucket list item.
Thanks
Grant

after the fiasco last year with that youtube clown, they are really starting to crack down on visitors. For non-exhibitors, they want to make sure all the right credentials to be a visitor are met, like being with a company that buys products from a manufacturer.
Not saying give up hope, just be aware they are getting stricter with handing out badges.

Yeah...you can't buy tickets for SEMA. You have to work in the automotive industry, have a car in the show, etc. It's "invite only"

You have to show proof you have a business. Business license and cards[ i think cards, it was years ago], pay checks for employees and maybe some other stuff. Call them to find out. If you do get in, I highly recommend a small rolling cart to haul your literature and goodies in. I use a fold up plastic unit thats good for 80lbs. If you don't, you will need platform shoes at the end of the day because your knuckles are dragging the ground from carrying heavy azz bags. You can take snacks/water in if you don't want to get hooked from the concessions.

You have to show proof you have a business. Business license and cards[ i think cards, it was years ago], pay checks for employees and maybe some other stuff. Call them to find out. If you do get in, I highly recommend a small rolling cart to haul your literature and goodies in. I use a fold up plastic unit thats good for 80lbs. If you don't, you will need platform shoes at the end of the day because your knuckles are dragging the ground from carrying heavy azz bags. You can take snacks/water in if you don't want to get hooked from the concessions.

If you're not an exhibitor, you can't just own a business anymore. You actually have to submit the name of a manufacturer attending SEMA that you purchase from. Times have changed.. they're trying to cut down on the number of people who are getting badges from their friends who own a business, and now asking for proof of who you are. I get my pass as a freelance writer - I have to show current publications with my name in the byline and provide links; I usually cover for a couple of publications, so it's easier to go as a writer.

I did a few show cars for Chrysler/Mopar booth some years back. I would get a invite and about 100 e-mails about signing up when the show fell on it's face in the mid 2000's.I've been turned down for the last 8 years. Got burned out anyway. BUT you can go to see all the stuff out on the streets and parking lots.Just not in the buildings. I can't think of the name but there is a Body/Paint expo usually the same time that covers SEMA also.The last time I went I got signed up thru a friends Body shop.

I received my badge for this year, so hopefully there won't be a surprise when I get to Vegas.

I received my badge for this year, so hopefully there won't be a surprise when I get to Vegas.
You can get a badge because you're a business that buys equipment from manufacturers there. That's the key to getting in, we were denied at first because we're a manufacturer, but we showed that we actually purchase from a vendor at the show, so we were able to get a couple of passes.

I did a few show cars for Chrysler/Mopar booth some years back. I would get a invite and about 100 e-mails about signing up when the show fell on it's face in the mid 2000's.I've been turned down for the last 8 years. Got burned out anyway. BUT you can go to see all the stuff out on the streets and parking lots.Just not in the buildings. I can't think of the name but there is a Body/Paint expo usually the same time that covers SEMA also.The last time I went I got signed up thru a friends Body shop.

That show is across the street and is called AAPEX. It's mainly for tool, automotive chemical (e.g. oil additive), etc. manufacturers. I "think" you can get into SEMA if you are attending AAPEX...."I think". The jack-monkeys I used to work for (automotive chemical company) had a booth at AAPEX and got into SEMA....they didn't even invite me.... the ONE guy at that company who had ever changed his own oil....jack-monkeys (Do I seem bitter about it?....yep)

I have been to SEMA once when I worked for a powder coating company that supplied the automotive industry (BMW & others). Pretty cool show....takes more than one day to see it for sure.

Went last year.
Great show if you can get inside. It took us 3 days to see the show.

this really bums me out. Sema is on my bucket list. I have friends who own a custom hotrod shop and another who owns a custom car stereo place. Both have offered me their pass.
I'm guessing that that doesn't fly anymore?

this really bums me out. Sema is on my bucket list. I have friends who own a custom hotrod shop and another who owns a custom car stereo place. Both have offered me their pass.
I'm guessing that that doesn't fly anymore?
If he already has the passes and gives them to you, that may work, I don't know if they're checking ID yet when people show up with a pass. If he hasn't ordered the pass yet, they'll ask for a business card with that name and email on it. It's not impossible to get a pass, it's just they are really cracking down because of too many bad elements. Last year I had a real difficult time getting in, but when I told them I freelance write for three publications, they asked for proof while I was there, and then gave me a media pass.

Oh well, maybe a bridge too far. thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back