• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Separation anxiety / slippery slope

496BEE

Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Not this past Saturday but the one before I dropped my car off to wizeguys performance for frame connectors and to replace the carpet with a new one (since it was out all ready). Needless to say one thing led to another and it turned into :
Frame connectors
New carpet
B&m pro ratchet
Replacing hard 1/2" fuel line with braided
Braided ss trans lines
Trans temp gauge
New 5" monster is tach (installed by me before I drove the car to them)

Not terrible , but then :
Bought an Rci seat for when I go to track (planning to only run the one rci)
Rsj lap belts
295/60/15 mt et street r's
Front mt 28"x 5.5" radials
Weld pro star rims
Complete re-jet & tune of carb

Ok more than expect but it's already at the shop ..but then

Fast duel sensor wide band af data logging computer
Rear Calvert 9 way adjustable shocks to replace my new comp engineering 50/50s
Front Calvert 90/10s to replace my new strange front adjustables (some how the strange shocks got chewed up)
Installed rear leaf spring sliders (lowered the 60s rake from hell stance about 2")
Welding header flanges to back of mufflers and installing dumps at axle (will also be able to easily re-install tail pipes
Re-located fuel pump
Re-wired electric fans and fuel pump
Flushed trans and radiator
Re-adjusted whole cal trac suspension ........

Did more work than expected but very happy other than being separated from the car . Bill the owner of wize guys is really great to work with and very knowledgable, I would highly recommend him. He's a true Mopar racer / enthusiast and understands how to make our cars go.

image.jpg

Old rims with 26" front tires and 295/60s instead of the 325/50s I used to run.. Actually didnt lose to much width
image.jpg

New wheels/ tires and rear lowered 2"
image.jpg
They did an awesome job on frame connectors and used real heavy gauge stuff
image.jpg
Going to paint shifter cover semi -gloss black

Seems like you a lot all at once. I'd guess it took me 2 or 3 years to get that far. You're surely going to like the results. Modern suspension should really be nice. I wish I had done that. Good luck!

How'd the strange shocks get chewed up? Coilovers? Did you not apply anti seize? Strange had top notch productss, can't speak to the other ones but I imagine the strange units are just as good

Ps looks great with the new wheel tire combo

Thanks, I sure hope it drops my ET's / improves the ride .
Seems like you a lot all at once. I'd guess it took me 2 or 3 years to get that far. You're surely going to like the results. Modern suspension should really be nice. I wish I had done that. Good luck!

No doubt the front strange shocks are really nice pieces. Honestly I have no idea how this happen but the bottom spacers that keep the shock centered on the bolt actually broke and caused the shocks do bang back and fourth in the hole of the a arms. Both adjustment knobs broke off and the passenger side shock was almost worn right through the shock body from rubbing on the a arm... Really strange (no pun intended) . . . . .thanks! I just hope the front tires aren't to tall
How'd the strange shocks get chewed up? Coilovers? Did you not apply anti seize? Strange had top notch productss, can't speak to the other ones but I imagine the strange units are just as good

Ps looks great with the new wheel tire combo

Are you keeping the black wheels also?? They look killer on the yellow/black stripe combo.

Not 100% sure yet.. I do really like the black wheel retro look. . Honestly though I like the weld pro stars a lot more than I thought I would, probably just gonna leave them on all the time and sell th cragers
Are you keeping the black wheels also?? They look killer on the yellow/black stripe combo.

Just leaving the shop, I would've been driving it home today but Calvert sent the wrong front shocks so it's gonna have to be next weekend. Since it's stuck there this week I'm gonna clean up some wiring under the hood.... Some update pictures:
IMG_20170422_103603776_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170422_100000369.jpg
IMG_20170422_103537162_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170422_095738479.jpg
IMG_20170422_095745844.jpg

OMGGGGG when does it stop. . . . My buddy with a 9 second street fox just told me aerospace is running a 35% off sale + free shipping. After sp asking with Scott at aero for 20min I. Placing an order tomorrow for the manual brake booster , front and rear pro street disk brakes with d&s rotors , ss lines, and all the goodies ......

OMGGGGG when does it stop. . . . My buddy with a 9 second street fox just told me aerospace is running a 35% off sale + free shipping. After sp asking with Scott at aero for 20min I. Placing an order tomorrow for the manual brake booster , front and rear pro street disk brakes with d&s rotors , ss lines, and all the goodies ......
Nice, you've dropped some coin on that thing recently

Don't remind me lol... And the joke is I promised my wife I'm not going to spend over 2k this time . . I more than quadrupled that . . . Still haven't told her yet...not gonna be good lol
Nice, you've dropped some coin on that thing recently

Don't remind me lol... And the joke is I promised my wife I'm not going to spend over 2k this time . . I more than quadrupled that . . . Still haven't told her yet...not gonna be good lol
Good luck brother, luckily my girlfriend doesn't have a say. I've put over 10k into my motor alone

How did they tune the carbs,do they have a chassis dyno??
Your progress is phenomenal in such a short time!! You should be ready for MOPAR day & Carlisle!!

Auto Transport Service
Back