• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serpentine Belt system

63SPF

MOPAR 4 LIFE ! MOPAR OR BUST ! PLYMOUTH'S RULE !
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Aloha, so who Makes the best Serpentine Belt system? March ? Eddie Motorsports ? I have a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury vert with a 400 big block . Almost 500 hp. I don't like the old school belts and pulleys. They keep slipping off when I give a good rev. I have all the options, power ster. A.C. ect. I just need some info before I spend $2500. on a new system. Much Mahalo from the Big Island of Hawaii where it Mopar or No Car for us Few .

I installed March brackets and full serpentine pulley kit on my 440. Their brackets and pulleys are show quality. Belt alignment was bolt on and go. The only thing that could have created an issue for me, was pulling the original v-belt pulley off my new alternator and pressing on March's new billet aluminum serpentine pulley. Pulling off the old cast pulley, resulted in it being destroyed in the process. I didn't realize when buying my new alternator, it had a chrome coated low grade cast pulley on it, that folded up like a cheap tent. Care was taken to press on March's new billet aluminum serpentine pulley - just enough for a 'test' fit up and turned out to be spot on. It is always easier to press the alternator pulley 'ON' a little more, if required for that perfect alignment, than to pull it back off the shaft. Oh, and remember to remove the shaft from your alternator, before pressing on the new pulley, or you stand an excellent chance of ruining your alternator! Good luck, with what ever you choose to do...

You will find a few pics of my setup posted earlier on this forum, at the below link:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?83141-Oldtimer-Joins-fBbO

Auto Transport Service
Back