• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Setting toe,1968 GTX power steering.

Gus

Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
Installed a firm feel overhauled steering Box all new front suspension, Idler arm Pitman arm upper and lower ball joints Inner and outer tie rod ends end and sleeves. Tubular upper control arms. Steering Box is centered, When I pre set the toe With a tape measure left side adjustment is all the way in, Bottom out no more adjustment. Almost seems like the sleeves are too long but I know they're not. I'm overlooking something I just don't know what.❓

Installed a firm feel overhauled steering Box all new front suspension, Idler arm Pitman arm upper and lower ball joints Inner and outer tie rod ends end and sleeves. Tubular upper control arms. Steering Box is centered, When I pre set the toe With a tape measure left side adjustment is all the way in, Bottom out no more adjustment. Almost seems like the sleeves are too long but I know they're not. I'm overlooking something I just don't know what.❓

Typically both tie rods wind up with about 2-3 threads showing.... Most of the threads are screwed together to maximize strength...

Caster & Camber adjustment can both effect toe so till it's been on an alignment rack I wouldn't get to concerned... Any mismatched component could effect the ability to set proper toe...

Auto Transport Service
Back