• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter Identification

Fury Man Van

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone identify this Shifter
16346682522362901332246454035444.jpg
16346682783672913203116396909161.jpg
16346683059178537209412296543873.jpg
16346683209658028970276831119937.jpg

Is that a Hurst handle? Is there a number on it near the bottom? I had a 69 Charger with a console that looked like that.

69 B and A body shifter mechanism with a console shift handle. I can’t see how swept back the bend on the handle is so it’s hard to determine if it’s B or A body.
It’s an original handle as the ‘HURST’ is spelt with a single lined letters and not the later production double lines. If you do take the lever out there will be a number on the portion that slides into the mechanism.
Or two a picture and show how swept back it is and that may help us identify it for you.
Take the shifter off the aluminum mount and there is a number on that. Show that too and that will help identify what it was on.

69 B and A body shifter mechanism with a console shift handle. I can’t see how swept back the bend on the handle is so it’s hard to determine if it’s B or A body.
It’s an original handle as the ‘HURST’ is spelt with a single lined letters and not the later production double lines. If you do take the lever out there will be a number on the portion that slides into the mechanism.
Or two a picture and show how swept back it is and that may help us identify it for you.
Take the shifter off the aluminum mount and there is a number on that. Show that too and that will help identify what it was on.
I wish I knew that before I sent it out for complete restoration but I will keep you posted

That’s what I’ve read for 68 charger
As the later 68 have the bubble script
So not sure if same for Plymouth
Hope it is and it works out for you
That way
Man it’s going look good in that console!!!

That way
Well I sent it out to Shifter Doc yesterday for complete restoration if it doesn't work it will be up for sale

That way
Man it’s going look good in that console!!!
Notice that the original shifter boot is still there with no cracks

Auto Transport Service
Back