• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter solenoid options?

LemonWedge

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make an electric shifter solenoid / actuator for a forward pattern valve body using a ratchet style shifter?
To be exact, I run a B&M Quicksilver that I’m pretty happy with. Are there any electric solenoids that will work with it?

Just talked with Bob at Shift-noid.... No such animal exists, and he explained the reasons why.

It's great to call a company and have someone that KNOWS THEIR CHIT spend time with you explaining everything you need to know about something. Good-Guy alert: Bob at Shiftnoid!

Just talked with Bob at Shift-noid.... No such animal exists, and he explained the reasons why.

It's great to call a company and have someone that KNOWS THEIR CHIT spend time with you explaining everything you need to know about something. Good-Guy alert: Bob at Shiftnoid!
And the reasons are?

He explained that any ratchet style shifter that also includes a gate mechanism, in the case of the Quicksilver a lift gate, is really difficult to make work with a solenoid. A full ratchet shifter can work, a detent or gate shifter can work, but a combo of the two is difficult. It took a 10 minute conversation to explain it in full, which Bob did happily and enthusiastically, so I won’t be able to recreate the conversation here. Not only is it difficult, but shifters set up like this are typically aimed at street-duty. Thus, no one makes a system to work with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back