• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifting issues

78cordoba

Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Been trying to get my car road Worthy but having a few issues I have 78 Cordoba 6.6 with a 400, 4bbl edelbrock 1407 it has a cam comp cams cl21-671-4 and thats pretty much it. My idle mixture screws don't do anything and I've blown out the circuits with no change. I have not done any tuning to the brand new carb not sure if it is a matter of changing out the rods and jets to fix it or not. My other issue is shifting first of all if you gun it off the line it will spin the tires but then want to die. If you take it easy it will shift into 2nd but third most the time you have to let off the gas and also at WOT it just falls flat on it's face and engine just revs. I currently still have stock torque converter and 245 gears. I did notice my linkage on the tranny is not able to fully disengage with no throttle no matter how far it's adjusted ill
IMG_20200910_214041.jpg
IMG_20200910_214041.jpg
IMG_20200910_213546.jpg
throw a picture up

Just realized I have some springs hooked up wrong

One obvious problem, the KD linkage isn't hooked up. End of rod should be in hole in flat link, hairpin clip (missing) retains it or is it disengaged for the pic?

Link.jpg

I
One obvious problem, the KD linkage isn't hooked up. End of rod should be in hole in flat link, hairpin clip (missing) retains it or is it disengaged for the pic?

View attachment 1001023
yes I just unhooked it to show it couldnt get any further adjustment my flat link won't allow it and I'm at the end of my adjustment on the bottom side near transmission it shifts up and down fine at low rpm but if you give it to much it won't shift and if you give it wife open throttle it won't down shift just raps out

I believe I already have that part on my set up my engine builder put one but he also did alot of things wrong I had to redo

Auto Transport Service
Back