• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping an engine

wedge69

Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
I need some input on this one as I am looking at a long block in Arazona. Would need it to get to lower PA.
What you all think ??

It's not going to be cheap for sure! Truck freight is about the only way! you might try and find some one that is coming from Az.to Pa. that will work with you on the price!

Thats what I was thinking Steve. Hopeing to see if another member was transporting or comeing out this way. If not I will see if the guy has a Fastenal store near by him.

engine shipping

Tallhair referred me to Fastenal, and they take engines. put it on a pallet, and call them. they are all over the country.

I ship furniture via FedEx freight and see engines and trannys on pallets all the time when I drop shipments. If I ship furniture, comparable size and weight, it runs about $150 for terminal pick up or business delivery any where in the lower 48. FYI

Tallhair referred me to Fastenal, and they take engines. put it on a pallet, and call them. they are all over the country.

Yup, Fastenal works great. I bought a tailgate and some exhaust manifolds from Tallhair. It was shipped from his Fastenal store to mine on a pallet. I think the cost was $105. You originate the deal at the shippers location and get the code for his Fastenal Store to check shipping to your Fastenal Store code. Buyer sends the shipping funds to seller and they pay Fastenal to ship to your Store location.

Yup, Fastenal works great. I bought a tailgate and some exhaust manifolds from Tallhair. It was shipped from his Fastenal store to mine on a pallet. I think the cost was $105. You originate the deal at the shippers location and get the code for his Fastenal Store to check shipping to your Fastenal Store code. Buyer sends the shipping funds to seller and they pay Fastenal to ship to your Store location.

that's right Mitch ... It was $105. I was just quoted $115 on a set of 4 wheels and tires from Fastenal.

Pretty good for big heavy stuff .. not so much on small stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep a guy I referred to fastenal told me he had a 340 shipped from NJ to ID for $100.

I drive for a freight delivery company and deliver palletized engines and trannys fairly often. Sometimes to residences (pain in the ***, my truck is not designed to b on residential streets), sometimes to repair shops. I had no idea that Fastenal did that and I think its pretty cool.

I drive for a freight delivery company and deliver palletized engines and trannys fairly often. Sometimes to residences (pain in the ***, my truck is not designed to b on residential streets), sometimes to repair shops. I had no idea that Fastenal did that and I think its pretty cool.

Fastenall does store to store transportation,good price and easy. The hard part is is securing the **** to the pallet so it can be moved with a fork lift,then your good to go:blob1:

Thats the way I am going to go. Just need to find out the info on his end if all go's as planned ?

Thats the way I am going to go. Just need to find out the info on his end if all go's as planned ?

Google Search - Fastenal Truck Shipping Third party Logistics they have outlets/stores/shipping hubbs everywhere

Best is to call around and find shippers that have terminals in both cities. Also if you pickup and deliver to the terminals keeps the cost down.

Auto Transport Service
Back