• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Box for 8 3/4 rear end

Mike Gaines

Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
If you have ship a 8 3/4 rear end here is what I made up when I sold my rear end and had to ship it to the B-body Buyer.

20160114_130553.jpg 20160114_132050.jpg 20160114_133441.jpg

Hope the buyer keeps that crate, it's really nice. I just use a plastic 5 gallon pail wrapped in cardboard with the handle left up. I never shipped any really nice chunks though.

Hope the buyer keeps that crate, it's really nice. I just use a plastic 5 gallon pail wrapped in cardboard with the handle left up. I never shipped any really nice chunks though.

That's how I received one that I bought once. You should have seen the UPS guy lift it off the back of his truck (pucker power)! It just made it with the whole side of the bucket split open. Lol
Screenshot_2017-11-25-17-39-17.jpg

I still have a couple of the plastic crates that they come in from Moser Engineering. Nothing in them currently, but I somehow have a hard time just throwing them out.

Guy I Know ships them in the milk crates that hold 4 gal of milk !

Good job Mike. I remember when I ordered a new center section from Gratiot Auto in Michigan years (decades?) ago. It came wrapped in plastic wrap only with an address sticker; no container.

they charge for the size & weight of the shipping box/container
so if you can make it a little more compact
& still protect it
it will save you $$$ on shipping
that extra couple inches here & there adds up big time

been there done that

I'm in the export business and do crating all the time and I can certainly say that's a fine job

Auto Transport Service
Back