• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Snafu(s)

Dibbons

Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Entered my USA cell phone number on my latest Summit order (to Mexico) and the shipment has been delayed in Tijuana, Baja California since it arrived there two weeks ago. Finally, I found a tracking message that the receiver's phone (mine) was "disconnected" and UPS needs to speak to me.

Left a message in person over the phone with a UPS representative (Mexico) who told me I would receive a return call within two hours (This time I left a Mexican cell phone number with the agent). A while later I received the call, and was told the shipment was held up because someone determined it appeared to be some kind of commercial shipment (61 pounds-two disc brake rotors, brake hoses, front wheel bearings and seals, and some other small stuff). I believe I convinced the agent the shipment was for my personal vehicle and was not connected to any business enterprise. [The local stores (including AutoZone) could not find/order disc brake rotors for my '72 SSP]. We shall see what happens from here if it finally moves out on its way again.

I think I found the real reason my shipment was delayed in this photo where the UPS driver ran into a taco stand:

usp taco stand.jpeg

Whole system is a mess... I just had a small package that I sent to 69gtx sit in Chicago for TWO weeks and it's finally moving again. Looks like they're not only quarantining people, they're doing international mail too!

I have another small box (mailed through our Post Office) from an Alaskan relative that's been stuck in Mexico City for two weeks as well.

I have another small box (mailed through our Post Office) from an Alaskan relative that's been stuck in Mexico City for two weeks as well.
I shipped a package to Fl. on Greyhound on march 9th. Recipient called me to day, said he can't find any info.
I called Greyhound today, left email and ph.#. Waiting for a response.

There's a reason the call it snail mail...…...

Customs would be the ones concerned about a "commercial shipment" - not UPS. And besides, all Summit invoices for "foreign shipments" contain a "commercial invoice". Its not Summit's first rodeo! UPS is bullshittng you about that for sure.

The shipment was held for classification at customs Mexico? Tracking message from Tijuana: "We must contact the receiver for import requirements to clear the package"

Auto Transport Service
Back