• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**** is becoming real (Electric car thats rechargeable in 3 minutes)

Just another toaster on wheels

impressive #'s & all

if it's actually even real, truth or factual, it cab do what is claimed

still a hybrid, not pure electric
using methanol when the charge runs out

Not sure it's legal? You are able to change parts. But not core powerplants? Wouldn't be hard to label as "Core component." Hell, racing has been arguing that rule since its beginnings? Why not just replace the whole car? One thing technology is really not even close? The driver. NASA explained best after a rover failure. When asked. "How did this happen?" The engineer explained. "Its hard. With sometimes too many variables. We can't make a robot that can adequately vacuum your carpet?" Let alone run around on a distant body with some intelligence?"
It should be legal, the powerplant isn't getting changed out, just the power source for it. The Lotus E-R9 race car (1999 hp.) has quick change power cells.

And it isn't really a hybrid; there isn't a combustion engine. The alcohol powers a fuel cell via a chemical process, not burning, in order to produce electricity. It's been used in space for decades. There would be no need to plug this car in to charge it as the 15 kW fuel cell puts out more power than the average Level 2 home charging station.

It should be legal, the powerplant isn't getting changed out, just the power source for it. The Lotus E-R9 race car (1999 hp.) has quick change power cells.

And it isn't really a hybrid; there isn't a combustion engine. The alcohol powers a fuel cell via a chemical process, not burning, in order to produce electricity. It's been used in space for decades. There would be no need to plug this car in to charge it as the 15 kW fuel cell puts out more power than the average Level 2 home charging station.
True. Methanol would actually be a terrible choice for a conventional hybrid. But adding Methanol can not be that simple of an exchange? Methanol needs to be heated and under pressure to raise its efficiency. That has to add complexity to the delivery system? And one good pot hole shot? Questioning the reliability is a valid point. Where all electric doesn't have that system.

I see the coming of electric, just like horse rides saw the coming of gasoline powered cars. But one shouldn't preclude the other. We should still be able to keep and use our classics, or whatever ride you identify with.

I see the coming of electric, just like horse rides saw the coming of gasoline powered cars. But one shouldn't preclude the other. We should still be able to keep and use our classics, or whatever ride you identify with.
Who said one can't? To reach "0" net emissions? Doesn't mean 0. It means we are no longer adding more emissions than the atmosphere can handle. I believe we are already past the point of just reducing CO and other greenhouse emissions. We will need to introduce mediation measures. Atmospheric scrubbing? Solar blocking? (Probably near the poles) to buy time for the earth to do its thing. It's not undoable?

Europe, Japan China have dense populations centralized in cities; cites may only be 30-40 miles apart, as with USA, cities usually 100 miles aparts, St Louis to KC for example, (there are exceptions as in Northeast); MOST non-US/Canada (cant speak for those "down under!") NEVER put 8-12k mikes per year on car. Elec for them feasable: HOW MUCH GREENHOUSE GASES HAS THE 3 VOLCANOS EMMITED PER HOUR???? PER HOUR!!! Dont forget "natural" radioactive "elements" refer to period tables from high school? MY 2 cents

Europe, Japan China have dense populations centralized in cities; cites may only be 30-40 miles apart, as with USA, cities usually 100 miles aparts, St Louis to KC for example, (there are exceptions as in Northeast); MOST non-US/Canada (cant speak for those "down under!") NEVER put 8-12k mikes per year on car. Elec for them feasable: HOW MUCH GREENHOUSE GASES HAS THE 3 VOLCANOS EMMITED PER HOUR???? PER HOUR!!! Dont forget "natural" radioactive "elements" refer to period tables from high school? MY 2 cents
Which 3 volcanoes are you referring to? There are at least 45 volcanoes currently listed as active right now.

If the science and data has to be explained to you again? You won't get it. Volcanos also throw up alot of sun blocking matter. It's not the same. We are the straw that's breaking the camels back. Beside, did you really think burning fossil fuels as we have would not have any consequences? The hundreds of chemical compounds that are not regularly exposed to the atmosphere naturally. Just the heavy metals alone are a red flag of concern?

This is WAY past debate? The deniers have had decades to produce any data and facts to dispute. And the facts that has been uncovered? Shows they knew the science. And started a campaign to suppress.

I wish it wasn't so. I think electric cars have a cool factor far less than tuners? But the bottom line? Green technology is going to win this fight. Ecological, environmental and economical. So we can either lead? Or?

Last edited:
Show me one observed scientific study that proves man is the cause of global warming.
Not theory, but real time observed scientific data.

Last edited:
Show me one observed scientific study that proves man is the cause of oval warming.
Not theory, but real time observed scientific data.
Really? Do you need to be proven the earth is round? You are going to have to read. Then be able to absorb what you have learned? You can start with NASA's studies and reports.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp

NOAA studies and conclusions.

https://www.noaa.gov/climate

The planet is warming at a rate never before measured by any measurement known to science. Ice core samples. Ocean core samples. Even tree ring analysis draws same conclusions. And this warming rate increase is in direct correlation with CO emissions increase over the past century by man. This is called "Analogical Evidence."

When 97 % of the entire scientific community is in concensus? Who historically fight among themselves? You might want to listen and attempt to learn something? Can I prove 100%? No. No such thing. Just as I can't prove you actually have a mind. And are even capable of drawing a fact base conclusion? So stop with the "Then prove that" game.

I guess it's time to cut down the rainforest because it pollutes too much. :rolleyes:

"The Brazilian Amazon released nearly 20 percent more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere over the last decade than it absorbed, according to a stunning report that shows humanity can no longer depend on the world's largest tropical forest to help absorb manmade carbon pollution. From 2010 through 2019, Brazil's Amazon basin gave off 16.6 billion tonnes of CO2, while drawing down only 13.9 billion tonnes, researchers reported Thursday in the journal Nature Climate Change.

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/scie...orbed-over-the-last-decade-study-9586751.html

One of the country's top physicists, who served as the Department of Energy Undersecretary during the Obama administration, is out with a new book that pushes back on climate change hysteria and debunks the politically charged statement that the science is "settled" on the issue.

97% of scientist they speak of were only a handfull that answered, and wanted their funding: All use oldtimers SHOULD remember 1970s Congressonal hearings that stated this part of Cal & NY will be underwater by 1984, NEVER HAPPENED. Anybody that does statistics KNOWS changing a single value changes x & r bar data and the whole analysis. Read Nov 1927 articles about "climate/earth/ice etc.. Keep your electric cars, damn sub batteries shocked & burned me too many times & killed MANY fellow submariner brothers. Green renewables SURE DID WORK during snow ice rain conditions. NOT!!

"Physicist Steven Koonin kicks the hornet’s nest right out of the gate in “Unsettled.” In the book’s first sentences he asserts that 'the Science' about our planet’s climate is anything but “settled.”

I believe that scientists are from the educators pool which is biased toward the left and they use the media to further their claims of doom and gloom. Therefore half of the US population doesn't trust the left leaning "propaganda" that comes from this group. Preaching "facts" from this group will never accomplish any changes in the others belief no matter what they say. ALL facts have an agenda that "demands" results. No amount of spitting out "facts" is going to accomplish anything. I believe that people are just too full of themselves to think that a planet is going to be effected by what a human does. Does a flea have any control over the dog they ride along on? We are fleas with a self importance complex. As for scientists, nobody remembers all the times they are wrong and nobody will believe them when they are finally right. They are in a Chicken Little and Big Bad Wolf profession that we humor just like a celebrity with a political opinion.

Bottom line is: dont FORCE electric vehicles on the population. PERIOD.

Getting back to the "facts", methanol is a hydrocarbon alcohol. It is made up of carbon, hydrogen, and an oxygen atom. The electric fuel cell combines hydrogen and oxygen (usually from the air) to form water and electricity (and heat). Carbon from the alcohol contaminates the PEM membrane that enables the electricity generation process. One of the set-backs to cars like the one featured is that carbon contamination of the PEM.

Secondly, since the process uses a carbon based fuel, carbon in -- carbon out; in the form of CO2. Still, if experiments like these are never done, mistakes will never be made, and lessons will never be learned, and better stuff will never even be thought of. I applaud efforts for the good.

Bottom line is: dont FORCE electric vehicles on the population. PERIOD.
The only way to get electric cars to be the best choice is to make them more of a value to the public. Flood the market with a cheaper option and the public will come around. They are marketing to a group that feels that you need to spend more money to do good things.

Auto Transport Service
Back