• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shock mount extension

machelis

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen these shock extensions? I got the s/s springs on there and was told to use these from the p.o. He says he's pretty sure they're direct connection parts. They have the DPCD stamp on them, but I feel like the plate would be a weak point unless I use a second plate to sandwich the shock bushing. And the problem with that is the original threads are worn out.

I was hoping to not have to buy new shocks, but if these are just some garage modification that will imminently fail, then I'll go spend more money i don't have. Or use the wrong length shock for a while.
20220528_223508.jpg20220528_223432.jpg

I have the super stock springs on my 69 Dart and I didn't use those. I have the factory plates with heady duty shocks. I've never had an issue except rattling the filling out of my teeth on bumpy roads.

Mr. Gasket used to make a shock extension that you removed the lower shock bushing,bolted their extension to the shock,install the bushing into the extension and on to the factory shock mount.This would give you additional 3-4'' length.I believe they are no longer available but you may find someone here or possible E bay that may have a set.
Now you can use what you have and can repair your shock plate by drilling out the the factory stud. The Dorman Help line of replacement parts have a bolt in shock stud kit that can be had at auto part stores.Requires work but I have used them before successfully .

Jack the car up so the rear hangs, without shocks.
Measure between upper and lower mount.
If your shock extends to this length you don't need extensions.
(Extensions, huh huh huh)

My springs hang about an inch past my shocks when disconnected.

Looks like that tab was added. I have re-threaded the stud one size smaller and it works fine. There are replacement lower shock studs available. They can be bolted or welded back on.

Auto Transport Service
Back