• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shock Recommendation for Street/Strip Car

68Charger440HP

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some good street/strip shock absorbers? I'm looking to get new front and rear shocks. I was looking at the Calvert shocks and they seemed reasonably priced. Anyone have good or bad things to say about those ones?

About my car since it has some bearing on the subject: 68 charger scaled at 3715 with me and a little over 1/4 tank of gas. I'm running mid 11's @ 117+ and have super stock springs. What other considerations should I think about when choosing new shocks? This will be my first time changing/replacing them.

Thanks!

Never used Calvert, I have the Viking double adjustable on all 4 corners, bilstein are also popular. Got my Vikings from @PST a site sponsor here

Never used Calvert, I have the Viking double adjustable on all 4 corners, bilstein are also popular. Got my Vikings from @PST a site sponsor here

I also have Viking D.A. on the front of my 70' Challenger & Calvert 9 way adjustables in the rear with Cal Tracs & split mono leafs.

I was going to go QA1 or Viking, but spent the money on the QA1 front end instead.

I'm running the PST Bilsteins and I'll let you know how they go after tomorrow. First track day since I've installed them. I love the way they ride around town. Before I went to the bigger T bars, the ride got much better. After the T bar install it was even more better!

Can someone recommend some good street/strip shock absorbers? I'm looking to get new front and rear shocks. I was looking at the Calvert shocks and they seemed reasonably priced. Anyone have good or bad things to say about those ones?

About my car since it has some bearing on the subject: 68 charger scaled at 3715 with me and a little over 1/4 tank of gas. I'm running mid 11's @ 117+ and have super stock springs. What other considerations should I think about when choosing new shocks? This will be my first time changing/replacing them.

Thanks!
QA1 or Bilstein. Both will set you back a decent amount of change but worth every penny.
Vikings are great if you got the cash.

I run Calvert shocks front and rear, along with the full Calvert deal out back. Had some summit brand shocks up until this year. I gained .03 in 60 with the shock change. I noticed that I could really feel the difference in just one click adjustments. Are there better shocks out there? Sure. But the bang per buck gets pretty thin.

Viking DA's as well in the front. Awesome shock for the money. I would by them from someone other than PST there customer service is beyond terrible IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back