• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shock recommendation?

idrivemopar

Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
I was hoping that Billstein made shocks for 73 Roadrunner, but according to their web site, they do not. If this is not true, please let me know, otherwise, what is the next best brand?

Thanks

I looked and don't see ONE company that makes both front and rear, unless I missed somethin.

Well, Monroes are available, and KYB, but not familiar with KYB.

KYBs are good shocks....at least they used to be. We sold a slew of um at a place where I worked years ago.

I was talking to Firm Feel today, and evidently they do have Billstien shocks, so hopefully they are correct, will know in a few days when they arrive. So i reject my previous statement that they are not available.

Cool. If you find out for sure, let us know. I have a friend's 73 Road Runner at the shop now and we're doin all kinda work on it. Shocks might be in the picture.

KYB makes 2 grades of shocks the lower priced silver colored and the higher grade white ones. The white painted shocks are pretty good.

kyb are great shocks we use them on our racing bikes as well

Never been too thrilled with KYB, I prefer the Monroes. They are a softer ride but at least they let the suspension work. How about edelbrock?

Here are the new Bilsteins that arrived today. Everything looks correct!!!! Only issues are the bushings for the front shocks are not grooved to fit in the top hole/mounting point, but should be able to locate a correct set of bushings.

Attachments

• IMAG0886small.jpg
    IMAG0886small.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 228
Never been too thrilled with KYB, I prefer the Monroes. They are a softer ride but at least they let the suspension work. How about edelbrock?

I've got Eddies on the front of my '72 and they were an improvement over the worn-out 'brand-x' that got replaced, but there's still some serious banging when the left front wheel hits anything bigger than a crack in the concrete.

Auto Transport Service
Back