• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shock Recommendations for 69 Charger R/t 440 Automatic

robl72

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Looking to get some recommendations for Shocks for my 69 Charger 440 R/T Auto. Looking for the best Heavy Duty OEM type replacement for ride, durability and of course the correct appearance/color. Price is also a factor.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I put monroe matics on my Bee and am happy
o-Matic-Plus-Shock_inclined_1080x576-1629473776004.png

Thank you I was looking at the Monroe's

Does anyone know what is so special about the Rare Parts brand Heavy Duty ones that makes them so expensive? Anywhere from $265- $400 online Yikes.....

This will be easy like which type of oil to use.

I have +2” springs and air shocks, with Bilsteins in the front. I know ride quality is relative, but I’m pleased, not too harsh, not too squishy, handles pretty good too

I can derail this thread easily. :rofl:

Air shocks in the back, whatever you want in the front
That’s what we did! I can attest that the cross member in the back is not designed to support the weight of the back of the car, and I have a seen broken ones on cars I’ve owned. Super Stock springs are the best way to get the *** in the air. :D

Don't buy the Gabriel Classics. Leaking Chinesium junk right out of the box. Summit didn't even want to pay for the return shipping. They just refunded my money and said turf them.

Whats your budget? KYB will get the job done. Are Bilsteins better? Yes but you’re definitely looking at more money to spend. I just bought 4 KYB for my 18 year old boys Monte SS and the same Bilstein comparable shock was $300 more for the set. Im running Viking shocks on my 70 and gave a tad over $800 for them so I mean what’s your budget?

Munroes are cheap, look stock and will last a little while. If you want good shocks, Bilstein.

Another vote for Bilsteins. Buy them from PST and get a 10% discount for being a FBBO member.

Auto Transport Service
Back