• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy this doba

Bb70charger500

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys this 77 Cordoba came up for sale locally and I'm debating on buying it or not it's kinda ugly but a Mopar non the less and turn key with a 400 bb in it I could go many ways with it do these things have any want ? Parts ect I have a few requests for 400 motors is this thing worth buying and parting / keeping/ fixing a bit and flipping it? Any money to be made ?
Any one truly interested in it is it worth Shipping????
00R0R_l3WGpTMxyax_600x450.jpg
00U0U_4Tc2NflMLTg_600x450.jpg
00N0N_es1Nkx8ToYj_600x450.jpg
00O0O_dWSDz3HLtVy_600x450.jpg
00y0y_cW8IiFRfO5V_600x450.jpg

The floor shift helps a lot. Not sure about flipping. I love them but, not sure if the masses do.

Not to me, I have zero interest except the 400. Doubt there's much to be made at all.

2 trains of thought here..
first,if you wanted a mopar beater that runs and drives,that really isnt bad.
they actually had a charger model that was identical in 76?

second, if you needed a disc brake setup - and the bb stuff.
the console,and seats look useable/reuseable as well.
id hit him at 700 and settle maybe for 8-900 cash.

ive been holding off on one of those forever,the guy wants 600 bucks for it.
the one i was looking at was even worse,it was a 318 car.
theres not much appeal for these cars unless you own one.

question for the Pros,is that brake setup able to be used on our older b bodies?
for example,a 66 coronet w drum brakes.

2 trains of thought here..
first,if you wanted a mopar beater that runs and drives,that really isnt bad.
they actually had a charger model that was identical in 76?

second, if you needed a disc brake setup - and the bb stuff.
the console,and seats look useable/reuseable as well.
id hit him at 700 and settle maybe for 8-900 cash.

ive been holding off on one of those forever,the guy wants 600 bucks for it.
the one i was looking at was even worse,it was a 318 car.
theres not much appeal for these cars unless you own one.

question for the Pros,is that brake setup able to be used on our older b bodies?
for example,a 66 coronet w drum brakes.
I've got the later B Body disc breaks on mine but I'm not sure what year but believe they're 72 or later? There's lots of information available for the conversions with a little searching.

I make a point of never buying any car I can't spell the full name of. :bananadance:

My perspective of being a Cordoba owner.....if you are buying THAT particular car to fix and restore, unless it is your ultimate car ever made, is certainly not worth it. A little fixing and use it as a driver/winter beater, then yes , for a lower price. I don't think there is a lot on that car to part out and make any kind of profit, break even at best. I only look for NOS parts for mine and that is to stash them away for the future if needed. I would be interested in the interior door panels IF they were mint to near mint....for the same reason, to stash.

well a '69 road runner it isn't. I had one years ago, very comfortable ride, 360 ran great. Big Block console shift are a plus. I doubt highly there are any new part for them. I'd definitely want to see it in the flesh to check out the rust. That dash pad would be a hard to find, and probably not cheap. But they it's a Big Block RWD mopar, and not a bad looking cars. Offer less and see what happens.

I like them but the market is much more limited even than 73/74.

$500 in seats

$500 in 400/727 in "can hear run" condition

$100 maybe in floor shift (even though it's missing the "slap" part of the stick)

$100 in brakes (but are probably 15" wheels only)

$100 in axle maybe

$50 maybe in BB torsion bars to 73 and up guys

few hunnies in body and int parts but you'll have to sit on them for quite a while.

11599.jpeg
11598.jpeg

So I have use for that rad in my charger build and that msd box all stuff I needed to buy I need a battery for my shop wintch so I might go flop $500 at him and see what happens

400 engine and it didn't come with the 9.25 rear end? That's too bad. Have you driven it?

Auto Transport Service
Back