• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I or Shouldn't I ???

RRDon

Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
In addition to my beloved 68 Road Runner I'd like to have a modern Mopar muscle car that I can take anywhere anytime. And now that we are rapidly approaching another 'end of an era' for gas powered muscle cars I'm strongly considering a new Challenger Jailbreak. I'm thinking I want to wait and order a 2023 model and get a special 'last call' version. I understand they will have a special numbered plaque commemorating the event. It should be a good investment since I suspect they will probably increase in value over time (at least that's what I'm telling my wife ;))
Has anybody else given any thought to this special time in automotive history before we're all regulated to driving soulless electric sewing machines?

Order a hellcat Challenger optioned how you want it. No reason to wait.

I might order a heavily optioned scat pack with a manual transmission.

Order a hellcat Challenger optioned how you want it. No reason to wait.

I might order a heavily optioned scat pack with a manual transmission.
That's also a delilma, I really love the 392 Scat Pack Challenger with the T/A stripe. It's like trying to pick the prettiest girl in the cheerleader line up only this time I can actually make it happen (the car that is, not the girl).

Interesting total production numbers.
download.png

Current 2022 Hellcat Production Numbers

That's also a delilma, I really love the 392 Scat Pack Challenger with the T/A stripe. It's like trying to pick the prettiest girl in the cheerleader line up only this time I can actually make it happen (the car that is, not the girl).
There are no poor/bad choices with these V-8 Challengers; just decide what you like or want and order it. Decisions decisions.

Then, drive it and enjoy it. Rack up the miles. No garage queens!

In addition to my beloved 68 Road Runner I'd like to have a modern Mopar muscle car that I can take anywhere anytime. And now that we are rapidly approaching another 'end of an era' for gas powered muscle cars I'm strongly considering a new Challenger Jailbreak. I'm thinking I want to wait and order a 2023 model and get a special 'last call' version. I understand they will have a special numbered plaque commemorating the event. It should be a good investment since I suspect they will probably increase in value over time (at least that's what I'm telling my wife ;))
Has anybody else given any thought to this special time in automotive history before we're all regulated to driving soulless electric sewing machines?
We're not going to be regulated to drive electric. As in the past week we've already seen the problems California is having with their electric grid. Once winter hits the northern states the demand for electric goes thru the roof, and an electric car needs more charging in cold weather. This "must have" electric will pass once this administration is booted to the curb. You only live once tho, buy what will make you happy.

I am ordering a black hellcat Challenger to replace the 1971 6pack cuda I just sold. We have a purple scatpack Challenger now..and will be keeping it too. My advice is this, get the dynamics pkg with the big tires and 6 piston calipers, and active suspension on any scatpack if you want a car to drive. Get the cooled seats on any Challenger. I would not buy a superstock because of the small brakes. My son has a 2022 redeye, my daughter has a hellcat charger, and we all agree the absolute best car to just go drive is the scatpack, it is the best car we have ever owned. You could not give us the 71 cuda back for free. The redeye is a fantastic car also, that is why I am buying one, just for a car to drive the scat is better. It gets great mileage for a muscle car, fast but not dangerous, and will run 150mph effortlessly. I cannot say enough good about that car, I am old school mopar, have never owned anything else, and tried to not like this car, did not want to admit how good it is, sorry but I fell in love with it. Anyway a well optioned scatpack for the highway, or a redeye to terrorize, either way you will love the car. As far as value who knows, we were offered 50 grand for the scat at the last oil change, we paid 40 3 years ago, she said no way. Make sure you buy the right color for value if that is what you are after black and purple on the Challengers just like 1970.

Tend to agree with Tak419.
There's no way the required infrastructure
for more than 300,000,000 EV's will be in
place, and functional, within California's
mandate of 12 years from now. These
people are living in fantasy land.
The wind doesn't blow and the sun don't
shine 24/7/365.
This is all about your freedom, and control
of movement.
I'd put my vote into buying whatever brand/
color/power plant trips your trigger for
an ICE vehicle.
After all, this is the land of the red, white,
and blue.
Even car dwellers in California can scrape
up enough pop bottle cash to move their
cars. I doubt 1 hour of charging time
will get them as far even if they manage to
push their abode to the nearest charging
station.
It's so much easier to carry a gallon of gas.

Last edited:
M asked
Superstock?
I'm not exactly clear as to the difference between Superstock and Jailbreak but it was my impression that the Superstock was more specicially designed to be a track car. Anyone with detailed knowledge about this please feel free to chime in. :) Thanks

Along with my old school Mopars, I have 2 late model Hemi's. Well, one I gave to my son. I have a Challenger R/T Classic which is fine. I don't need to spend a gazillion dollars for horsepower I will never use on the street. Did that years ago. I just ride in style now, I only need to impress myself.

I love my T/A Challenger. The 392 is a great engine. I'm getting old, and working on my classic cars gets harder all the time. So, just having a cool ride to get in, and drive anywhere is great. If the op waits for a limited edition model, they might be taken before he gets his car. So I say get it now.

Originally the dictatorship in Sacramento via the guy posing as governor supposedly signed an executive order implementing the EV thing in CA by 2030. I just read the other day it either was changed or I was mistaken or something but it's now 2035 - possibly to coincide with the occupying govt in DC's mandate of 2035. My thoughts are if that should occur we will be paying an ungodly sum for a gallon of gas as well as a kilowatt of electricity to go along with it. The former in an attempt to bend us non-sheep to their will. The latter because of the extreme shortage of the commodity to power theses tinker toys. Either way the American public will be paying a heavy price for the ineptness of those in control. Anyone ever study the Boston Tea Party back in high school? What happened there?

I am ordering a black hellcat Challenger to replace the 1971 6pack cuda I just sold. We have a purple scatpack Challenger now..and will be keeping it too. My advice is this, get the dynamics pkg with the big tires and 6 piston calipers, and active suspension on any scatpack if you want a car to drive. Get the cooled seats on any Challenger. I would not buy a superstock because of the small brakes. My son has a 2022 redeye, my daughter has a hellcat charger, and we all agree the absolute best car to just go drive is the scatpack, it is the best car we have ever owned. You could not give us the 71 cuda back for free. The redeye is a fantastic car also, that is why I am buying one, just for a car to drive the scat is better. It gets great mileage for a muscle car, fast but not dangerous, and will run 150mph effortlessly. I cannot say enough good about that car, I am old school mopar, have never owned anything else, and tried to not like this car, did not want to admit how good it is, sorry but I fell in love with it. Anyway a well optioned scatpack for the highway, or a redeye to terrorize, either way you will love the car. As far as value who knows, we were offered 50 grand for the scat at the last oil change, we paid 40 3 years ago, she said no way. Make sure you buy the right color for value if that is what you are after black and purple on the Challengers just like 1970.
I’d rather the ‘71. :D Actually... I like the ‘70 a bit more.

Buy it because you want it and because you will enjoy it!

As far as investing, virtually no new car is a good mid to long term investment, although there may be a shorter term value bump for the Challenger as high HP gas cars are curtailed. Long term, all cars loaded with computers, sensors, miles of wiring, batteries, etc. will become maintenance nightmares and lose value.

Also consider the Kiss Farewell Tour scenario: High HP gasoline cars will probably make several comebacks once they realize the end is not coming in 8 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back