• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I pull the trigger on this 1970 Charger R/T?

SteveSS

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
KInd of a basket case needs lots of metal redone. Matching numbers 440 HIgh Performance matching everything. Burnt orange white top. Automatic on the column (Weird) Don't have pictures yet. He's asking $10K hasn't been posted for sale yet. Mostly all there.

We were looking at his '74 "Cuda. crappy paint, Tuff Wheel, 440 from an RV, built 727, fair interior. Runs and drives He wanted 16K for it.
cuda1.jpg
Cuda.jpg

KInd of a basket case needs lots of metal redone. Matching numbers 440 HIgh Performance matching everything. Burnt orange white top. Automatic on the column (Weird) Don't have pictures yet. He's asking $10K hasn't been posted for sale yet. Mostly all there.

We were looking at his '74 "Cuda. crappy paint, Tuff Wheel, 440 from an RV, built 727, fair interior. Runs and drives He wanted 16K for it. View attachment 755894 View attachment 755895

Show the Charger pics!

''Cuda looks decent...more interested in the column shifted big block though.

You looking for an OE style or day 2? For what it would cost to start with sheet metal and the rest of the surprises,,,,,,Spend the money and get something done or a nice roller!

Yeah, but a roller won't have a matching 440 HP. I already have a 1969 Charger, I would flip this one.

The thing the Charger has going for it is its originality. 68-69's bring more than 70's if you are going to flip it. A really nice 70 in our area sold in the very low 30's a few months back. Just saying. Given it wasn't a R/T, but was a big block car that was an automatic converted to a 4-speed. I'm guessing the green in and out got it. If you are capable of doing the metal work you can save a bundle on labor but I see 30K plus in doing the restoration on a basket case doing the work yourself. If you are going to just get it more presentable and then flip it you may make a little to get paid for your time and effort.

Hey Steve,.... Is this '70 Charger the car you were asking about converting over to 4spd in another thread?

Curious why you would consider buying this car for it's originality to flip, but then thinking of converting it over to 4spd (and lose that originality).

Seeing pictures would really help us give opinions on if it is worth the asking price.

I never said I would convert it to a 4 speed. I don't have pictures because it's
70.jpg
still under a tarp in a yard. I said everything I know so far. These are the colors it had originally. Burnt Orange white top Burnt Orange interior white stripe

70 Charger R / T s don't bring less money than 68 and 69 models do anymore. I am very intune with the current market, and maybe at one time that was the case,it is no longer the case.

If I were going to restore the car you are discribing, I would paint it the 2006 go mango color that was available on the Charger Daytona instead of the original burnt orange color. The original color looks more brown,where as the go mango is very similar, but is more orange. Then I would do the interior,top and stripe in white. That would make for a stunning car!

If you are just going to flip it anyway. How about giving one us us Charger dudes a crack at it to keep it as is or to restore correctly. Not me personally. I have too many projects already going on.

I'm still looking for a 70 charger R/T I sold in Maine in the late 80's early 90's that was this color combo...no motor or trans, NY inspection, needed it all...I still have stuff from it 30 years later.. would love to reconnect..

This car has a build sheet. It's in pieces but it's there. Fender tag has been decoded also.

Here is one for comparison that is advertised for $20k, but no engine or trans.

01717_8rxbopzct1i_600x450.jpg

00404_jQ1x7kocZhz_600x450.jpg

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/sherman-1970-dodge-charger-t-project/6875147614.html

Fender Tag Breakdown:
XS29: Dodge Charger Special, R/T 2 Door Sports Hardtop
U0G: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL 1970 St. Louis, MO, USA
186278: Sequence number
E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EF8: Dark Green Metallic (Dodge), Ivy Green Metallic (Plymouth) Exterior Color
C6F8: Trim - Charger, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Green
EF8: Dark Green Metallic (Dodge), Ivy Green Metallic (Plymouth) Int. Door Frames
204: Build Date: February 04
132397: Order number
V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
A04: Basic (Radio) Group
B51: Power Brakes
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings