• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder belt location, just a query

Milesdodge

Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I’d had this question answered. I.e ‘is there a hole drilled to locate a shoulder belt in the roof lining above the doors?’ (67 Coronet).
The answer seemed to be ‘no’, but here’s an additional query.
I read elsewhere on FABO today that ‘new for 67’ cars did have a hole and anchor put in the roofline. Today I was feeling along the headliner behind the door where the side window is and I can feel something metallic which is loose behind the headliner on both sides of the car.
Any idea what it is and whether it might be an anchor plate? I don’t want to ear my headliner up unless I’m sure.

I have a 69 SuperBee, in metal, I can take a pict later today so you can see the approx location if that helps?

I know the 68's had the anchor mounting but not all cars got the belts. Don't recall ever seeing a 67 with shoulder belts.
Someone with a 67 would need to verify.

1968.5 (Jan 1) was the shoulder belt mandate effective date.

I believe the 66/67 roof stampings are different than 68-70.

It's unlikely 66/67 stampings have provisions (reinforcement and nut bracing).

If they do, it's unlikely they have nuts.

Today I was feeling along the headliner behind the door where the side window is and I can feel something metallic which is loose behind the headliner on both sides of the car.

Does your car have the side coat hooks, you may be feeling that bracket.

This is from a 66 Satellite, with the bracket for the hook.
IMG_2038.JPG

This is the same area from a spring built 67 Belvedere II.
IMG_2039.JPG

I don't see where there is any provision for a shoulder belt mounting.

My 1967 had the shoulder belts from the factory. They were folded up along the headliner. I will try to take a picture of the mounting holes tomorrow.

My 1967 had the shoulder belts from the factory. They were folded up along the headliner. I will try to take a picture of the mounting holes tomorrow.
Thanks, be interesting to see what you have there.

Well I am going to have eat my words. I have the straps for shoulder belts that came with the car, but no way to mount them. They were removed with the headliner when I got the car.
20220407_105929 Sm.jpg
20220407_105941 Sm.jpg

What is the date code on those belts?

I bet someone thought they could just bolt them in.

Auto Transport Service
Back