• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder belts

qkcuda

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking. Has anyone converted their car to a modern retractable lap/shoulder belt system? Wondering specifically about the roof mounting.

What year is your car ? Starting around 1968 they were having a mount built in the head liner.
But some did and some didn't. My 68 Valiant didn't.

Chargers are a bit different they may have a option back then, but I can't remember seeing any with the separate shoulder belt as the 69 up cars did. If you do a search for aftermarket 3 point belts you may find a subject on mounting in a older car.
I was doing a 63 Valiant years back and remember seeing a kit that came with a reinforcement and mounted inside of the metal just below the quarter glass for a mount point.Never did buy them.

Chargers are a bit different they may have a option back then, but I can't remember seeing any with the separate shoulder belt as the 69 up cars did. If you do a search for aftermarket 3 point belts you may find a subject on mounting in a older car.
I was doing a 63 Valiant years back and remember seeing a kit that came with a reinforcement and mounted inside of the metal just below the quarter glass for a mount point.Never did buy them.
I have seen one 67 with the shoulder belt option. That was probably in the 80’s. A long belt came from the back seat, and was attached to the backseat seatbelt bracket and over the front seat. Can’t remember what the front seat lap buckle looked like.

Auto Transport Service
Back