• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Display Boards and who made them

Linden Johnson

old man driving a "wild n crazy" car
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys, would love to see your show boards and advise where you had them made. Thanks

Pete Arnell made this one. Pete resides in Alberta. Great to work with.
5DD3B85D-4506-401A-9912-A4E40C14965F.jpeg

Local sign writer made this corflute (plastic sheet) temporary board for the debut back in 2010....

upload_2022-1-10_16-42-27.jpeg

The original plan was to make this into a Mobile Billboard truck for hiring out to advertise businesses. The GFC hit, and killed that idea....local Radio Stations were keen, but wanted to make the money out of my efforts, so I flagged that idea.

The only benefit was that the extra weight of the frame gave me added traction on the Quarter.

Here is mine. I made the poster image myself using Adobe. (It is a bit outdated as I now have a Passon 855 5 speed transmission.) It is simple, and as I look at it now, perhaps too wordy - we'll see what version 2 looks like! :rolleyes:
To print it out, I went to a local frame/ picture shop and had them print it on a poster board.
70 Road Runner Poster_final.jpg

Here is an example from Carlisle a couple of years ago. to hold the poster, I ended up repurposing an extra shelf that came out of a corner cabinet in my laundry room. I simply attached two thin strips of wood at the bottom that pinch the bottom of the poster board. It works great and I have never had issues with the wind. Easy setup and take down too.
20160715_101719.jpg

As an aside: Note the tennis ball on the "meat cleaver" hood latch. I have had two people personally thank me for putting it there as it saved their heads from getting impaled!

Mine that I made in 1990 with vinyl letters and tweezers.. base is the intake for my Red Ram Hemi engine.
shopcarssept232021 033.JPG
shopcarssept232021 034.JPG

superbirdcleanup20182019 1273.JPG

A buddy made this for me as a gift...

display board.jpg

Back when I'd just finished the car I would display the board and a photo album on a stand I built..

001.jpg

The stand would break down in three pieces so it fit in the trunk..

display 2.jpg

When being displayed the foot was inserted under a tire so it wasn't going anywhere..

the stand 006.jpg

Here is mine. I made the poster image myself using Adobe. (It is a bit outdated as I now have a Passon 855 5 speed transmission.) It is simple, and as I look at it now, perhaps too wordy - we'll see what version 2 looks like! :rolleyes:
To print it out, I went to a local frame/ picture shop and had them print it on a poster board.
View attachment 1221687

Here is an example from Carlisle a couple of years ago. to hold the poster, I ended up repurposing an extra shelf that came out of a corner cabinet in my laundry room. I simply attached two thin strips of wood at the bottom that pinch the bottom of the poster board. It works great and I have never had issues with the wind. Easy setup and take down too.
View attachment 1221688
As an aside: Note the tennis ball on the "meat cleaver" hood latch. I have had two people personally thank me for putting it there as it saved their heads from getting impaled!
looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back